What do you do for a job?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, personally, try make Photo.net work.

Well, some days it feels that way, anyway. Just my little corner of it....etc

Seriously though, Photo.net is my job now. Wedding photography, general editorial work, extreme sports photography, and corporate A/V-photographic support have all paid my bills at various times over the past decade.

I am a Realtor; licensed as a mortgage broker but have not practised for 3 years; licensed environmental inspector; My wife and I have an ebay business and also have retail outlets where we sell collectibles (mostly Fiestaware, which is hard to get in Canada); I have a network marketing business also (Zrii - http://AmalakiPlease.com). I also teach real estate subjects, both online and in the classroom and am just releasing my first e-course on non-real estate subject, and I teach Law of Attraction classes live. Also, am involved very actively in the local Children's Aid Society.

Wow - when ya write it down, no wonder I'm knackered much of the time!

Depending on when you catch me I am a photographer, writer, educator or research scientist ... or some combination of those.

No. That's an evasion. I am someone who has spent his life trying to avoid getting pinned down in a real job.

I retired from a long career (hydrologist) to pursue a personal hobby into a personal business

(gee, photography, what a novel concept), and while I love being my own boss, being my own

staff is another issue and matter, but becoming a better photographer is the rewarding and

enjoyable journey on the long road of the rest of my life.

I labor at a glass coating plant by night to pay the bills. By day I do minor home repairs and remodels. I'm currently trying to make a name for myself as a photographer locally doing weddings and portraits.

I am retired but pulled back into action by my daughter who is now MY boss. We do property management. I seem to be working full time again. Photography is my second love only exceeded by my family.

I left the medical field after about 20 years in OR and long term care. Since 1995, I have been the ever popular one-hour lab manager :-) I do some photography related things on the side, volunteer for Relay for Life and our county Symphony.

In reverse order. Former Photo business operator which included being a regular newspaper stringer. That started as a hobby and turned into a seven active business before I stopped work again. Retired Aviation Executive, retired AF pilot. Now I take and process pictures for my own satisfaction, and at my advanced age am a competitive swimmer.

I'm a Bull#hit Artist! And I get paid for it. Rah!

Problem with Your Input

We had a problem processing your entry:

We try to limit swearing on the photo.net forums. Very few posts require swearing to get their point across.

Please back up using your browser, correct it, and resubmit your entry.

State agency biologist, soon to retire and live in a camper for a year or two while traveling all

of the gravel roads I can find in the western U.S., along with 5D and 7II camera systems. I

plan to become incredibly famous for my landscapes, but unfortunately it will posthumously.