new 400TMX + Rodinal?

darkprints

I don't know about the New, but get really nice results with D-76 also with the regular TMY and expect even better when I get the new. I go 1:1 for the more defined acutence. If the new is even finer I imagine grain slightly finer than traditional ISO 100 and 125 films, as I have found TMY to be about equivalent to them already for medium size printing to 8x10.

I intend to try HC 110 and compare to D-76 soon, and both are recomended developers for Tmax films.

Someone else probably has HC-110 feedback soon or do a search.

I have my new TMax400 five 120 rolls, and will try them soon. Like you I use HC-110 and Rodinal. Sometime D-76. And like you I was never crazy about TMax400. I did hear John Sexton and a Kodak exec interviewed (maybe it is on YouTube), the exec said the only change is making the grain fine or sharper. There are no tonal changes.

Kodak does not include HC110 for developing the new TMAX films. Since I use HC-110 almost exclusively I'm in the testing phase for this new film. If I have to include D76 in my list I will, but I'm hoping it works well with XTOL and I'll probably test it with HC-110 even though they recommend against it.

Dave