Alcohol helps my street photography....!

woodbyte

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that criminalisation of grass is still fact in most places simply bares testament to the corrupt nature of our societies - it is one of many similar examples so stop whining, bitching and proselytizing - you are boring me to death baby. <p> Also John I and others pointed out to you that the stuff is legal where I come from - but you conveniently didnt even do me the courtesy of acknowledging this and apologising for your unwelcome preaching and advice based on false assumption - but ( big inhale here) I forgive you man, its cool.

unwelcome preaching and advice

It was funny,Petey.Can't help thinking it was a bit of a wind up...you gotta be,after all that preaching one step nearer to Heaven,mate. Large bottle of vodka,and one of those long smokes,and you ready to BS that Peter bloke at the Pearly Gates.

Hey, if you need a character reference,tell him to give your old mucker a call...i'll see you right, mate.

Anyway, i'm a bit busy, gotta iron Mr J Elders white collar for his Sunday sermon on the mount.

Not surprised by that position.

Resources being what they are, when you declare "war" on something in a law enforcement context, you silently declare "peace" on something else, or maybe several somethings.

I remember when then-young man, Mayor Kurt Schmoke of Baltimore, went on "Nightline" to say that as a former prosecutor and a "soldier" in the "war on drugs," he thought a new approach should be considered.

People were shocked. Shocked !

James, I took a look at some of your shots and I like what you do. I understand how alchohol can loosen one up a bit, and make it easier to shoot, but have you considered facing the dragon? I have come to enjoy the edginess I feel at times when I shoot street. If I'm nervous, I know I'm alive and it actually helps my alertness. When I first starte shooting street about a year ago, I also looked for ways to hide my camera. But I found it mademe even more nervous, since now I was hiding. As I found ways to openly shoot and practiced them, I found a new level of confidence. And yet, the slight edginess is still there, but now I'm growing to be more alert and confident.

Don't get me wrong, there are times I shoot from the hip. But even then, I usually have the camera otu in clear view. It's just that no one knows when I'm about to pounce! ;-)

Good luck in whatever approach you work with.