Whats your dream shoot

Just sitting in front of the box the other night watching your season 7

American Idol. What a fun show to people watch, and I was thinking what a great

place to do people shots, the reactions on the faces are just fantastic.

I have an American friend who has a business just near mine, he is ex navy and

New Yorker. He was saying that America has 500 serial killers at any one time,

I think I know where to find them all at one time. Just kidding, well maybe,

ha ha ha ha.

Anyway that is my dream shoot today, whats yours?

To be a photographer in the hotel room of whichever American Presidential candidate when the finality of the contest

becomes apparent for either winner or loser.

Oh, and perhaps to be the only one so my pictures would not be compared to really good images other photographers might have taken. And to be paid well for them such that I could get my hands on a D3

without having to rationalise the expense.

OOOhhh,I like the sound of all these, Lex why not Amy, Lindsay and invite one of Brittany's other personalities as well for the day?

Yoni yours would be very interesting, Peter only if Shane Warne was playing with his mobile phone. Sorry Pete don't know Chemmy and Cindy Crawford a few years ago although I saw her movie and was a bit disappointed I must say.

Burma and the Himalayas would be fun but a long trip to do it justice.

I have been incredibly lucky to have enjoyed the best job in the world - travel photographer for The Sunday Times in London. I got a 'dream shoot' almost every week. The picture editor would call me with an assignment - not always in dream locations - and just ask me to 'go and work the magic'. Could anyone have a better brief than that? I would have died rather than let that guy down.

Philip Dunn

http://philipdunn.blogspot.com

www.photoactive.co.uk

Everyone has such intresting dreams. It is neat to see the variety in people's words when you don't actually talk to them. My dream shoot would be one of three bands. 1) Metallica, is the ultimate utopia. They have been my favored rock band since I was young. 2)Godsmack or 3)Megadeth.

There is also another side of me that would love to be the presidential photographer. You know the guy/girl that follows the president everywhere he goes and captures those stolen moments that history uses to define a legacy in sentiment. That would also make for a great addition to the resume huh?

Ahhh....Jonalan.....fantastic. Me big Metallica fan + Megadeth + Anthrax + Pantera + NIN and nowadays also bands like QOTSA....

Years ago (about 16 or 17 or 18 years ago years ago) I saw Megadeth in London (think it might have been Hammersmith or somewhere) and had after ggi free drinks with the boys - must be one of my top 1 best nights out ever!

Shoot the "playmate of the year" layout.

Remember Woody Allen's line in the movie "What's New, Pussycat" where his job was a backstage dresser at a strip club?

Q: what's the pay?

WA: 100 francs a week.

Q: Isn't that awfully low?

WA: Yeah, but it's all I can afford.

To shot the teletubbies. I mean, no, not to kill them (yet). But I think it would be awesome to be in that minigolf-like set and to take pictures of them with a more dark and strange lighting.

Now that I read it, what I just say sound scary, but anyway, it's the first thing that came to mind. :)

Glen - I hope to be the first person on Mars, I hope you don't mind that I'm a women :) . I

figure they are going to need my space weather forecasting expertise.

As for the question at hand, Taking pictures of the rovers on mars would be fun (now that I

have Mars on the mind), but I think I agree with most that it might be taking pictures of all

the powerful political people in the world. Otherwise, a series on the top scientist of the 20th

and 21st centuries. So many of them are outside of societies view of a nerd that I think it

would be fun to capture and share.