Focus magazine subscription

dbltap4

I'm not sure how to even go about saying this.... it's good news and it's bad news. So let's get the bad news over with first.

Going way back to when the April issue was printed - my printer, who expected to ship the international subscription copies via global priority, had labeled all of the international copies BEFORE the postage increase. When the subscription magazines were shipped to my distributor to mail out, they didn't see that the labels were incorrect and that they needed to print new labels and re-fill out new customs forms. So, they had to take an extra week to do that and all foreign subscriptions were sent out via global priority mail on 8/11/08. There were no existing labels on the August issue, so that issue never had a problem and that issue was sent out via global priority mail on 8/8 - but this was from a Manhattan post office, not a Long Island City one. So, everybody who lives internationally should be getting both the April and the August issues very soon. I would venture to say the April issue by the end of this week and the August issue by the end of next week.

I am not aware of any "cross border shipping" problems, I've never had any problems with fedex or ups going to canada. But then again, this is the post office.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy, I received an e-mail today from someone in Harrisburg, PA who told me he just got his copy today. Being mailed bound and printed matter takes much, much longer than first class mail. Bound and pritned matter used to be refered to 3rd class mail. If any of you, including you Jeremy want to call the person in charge of mailing the subscriptions and confirm that you are on the list, here is her number.

718-392-7477

Ask to speak with Maria Marzella. If the receptionist asks who you are, tell them you're just calling to confirm you're on the list.

This is all she can do and all I can is confirm you're on the list. If you're on the list, you were sent magazines.

Glad you got the magazine, Robert. Enjoy the reading... the bruce davidson interview is stellar. I received your

subscription address change request and I changed it. Since the August issue was already mailed out, it won't take

effect until the October issue.

Let me know what you think of the issue...

David,can you give me the number of the post office and the person you spoke with so I can get this issue taken care of?This is my third request for this info.

Good to see Robert has received his magazine.Maybe you are getting thing straightened out.Now,I need that number.

Hello from wet Florida ........ well David I just went to the mail box, in 25 mph wind driven rain due to the tropical storm FAY being right smack over us here near Cocoa Beach, and guess what, MY FOCUS APRIL ISSUE was in the mail box, in a thick plastic wrap, so it stayed nice and dry .,,,,YEPPYYYY ..... GREAT READING ON A STORMY DAY .... THANKS

John

Thank ULine for their pollybags and the printing company for giving me their labor to pollybag those issues so inexpensively. Do enjoy the magazine... i miss florida weather and would do anything to get a hurricane up this way. the weather has been boring...except last week there was a tronado warning in mnahattan.

I didn't David.I don't know if you remember,but I'm in Canada.You told me you called the post office in my area and it was delivered to me.You told everybody here I was on the list.How about that?Didn't you call me a liar on your Aug 18th 11:31 pm post?

Yeah, Don. With all of the evidence in front of me that I had, and talking directly to a post office that said they remember seeing that package and it was delivered and then seeing you say that it hasn't been received, led me to believe you were lying. I apologize.

Moving on - I have one person here from Canada who hasn't received his magazine. Is there anyone else from Canada who hasn't? Dwight?

Also, bound and printed matter is supposed to take up to 21 business days. So for all American subscribers, by August 29th, if you have not received your copy of the APRIL issue (clown on the cover) please let me know.

Has anyone received the August issue, yet? Colored cover with a little girl crying?