Focus magazine subscription

dbltap4

<p>And Dwight, we've delivered every issue except #14, which was a newsstand only issue, to subscribers. #18 will be mailing later this month. If you wish to spread false information about Focus Magazine, you will suffer the consequences -- I promise you. There are too many people who have worked too hard for idiots like you to try and ruin it.</p>

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Let me get this right Spivak..Two years ago I accepted your offer of a "buy 2 and get 3 year subscription to Focus magazine". In the past two years I have received only one single issue, been yelled at by you on phone and lied by you numerous times along with others (suggest you read each of the submitted articles by other contributors ahead of this article to refresh your memory), had repeated emails ignored by me and you call me a idiot for simply wanting you to live up to your contractual obligations Spivak....Bring on your lawyer and watch Facebook in the coming days. Defense is easy when it is the truth...even in America.</p>

<p>Dwight - call this number today. Ask for Maria Marzella.<br>

718-392-7477<br>

Ask her if you are on either of the subscription lists (domestic or international) that she has.<br>

If you are, then we have sent you your subscription and you are lying.<br>

If you are not -- then I will refund you the full amount of your subscription less 1 copy.<br>

Either way -- this gets resolved today.<br>

Now then -- back to the magazine. More images from printing of this issue:<br>

http://www.focusmag.info/issue18/BackOfSteveMcCurryForm.jpg<br>

http://www.focusmag.info/issue18/CoverInQCBooth.jpg<br>

http://www.focusmag.info/issue18/CoverAtColorConsoleOnPress.jpg<br>

http://www.focusmag.info/issue18/mccurry.jpg</p>

<p>Sorry Spivak but this is not going to happen I have given you the benefit of the doubt for far too long. You contact this individual and you confirm whether or not my address is on the subscription list. We have been through this road before. For you to even suggest that I could be lying is unacceptable... especially given your history of broken promises and sob stories listed in this forum alone. I had told you earlier that I wanted my money refunded you refused then now your saying well yes ...but minus the copy you recieved. To little...to late I say Spivak and I will do what I can to bring awareness of this issue to the public forum.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Issue #18 is pretty much done printing. One last sig to go on Tuesday. Headed to the bindery later in the week and we should be done early next week. From there, the distributor will pick it up and send out all subscription copies. Dependent upon the speed of the bindery and the distributor, all subscription copies should be mailed out by the 28th or the 4th at the very latest.<br>

If you received a copy of Issue #17 - you will receive a copy of Issue #18.<br>

We're looking at early December as a target date for the next issue's distribution.</p>

<p>Russ Lewis -- I don't have a working e-mail address of yours on file. The russ-lewis.com e-mail address bounces back to me. I have two addresses of yours on file. One in FL, one in CO. Which is the correct one. Also Jeff Spirer, I do not have a record of you ever subscribing to Focus.</p>

<p>David, I don't know why rsl@russ-lewis.com is bouncing. It's still good. Try rsl@FineArtSnaps.com. Other valid ones are rsl@peakinfosystems.com and rsl@pkinfo.com.<br>

My Florida address is good from October 25 to May 1. My Colorado address is good from May 1 to October 25.<br>

I'm looking forward to the new issue. I'm not sure what the status of my subscription is, though.</p>

<p>I would like to thank the subscribers who replied to our last update with overwhelming support for our decision to hold back on publishing until the economy recovered. The decision was not easy, but in the end, we knew it was the right one. Thank you, again. <br /> <br /> Issue #18 has finished printing and will be headed to our distributor for subscription mailing next week. We estimate that all copies should arrive at the post office to be shipped by the week of September 7. <br /> <br /> Because we are a magazine that contains advertising, we must ship Periodicals Class Postage. Although the post office estimates that Periodicals Class Postage takes 2-9 business days to arrive at its destination, I have seen and heard stories as to how it can take up to 8 weeks to arrive at its destination. I wish there was a different method of shipping with the post office that was as cost efficient as Periodicals Class, however; there isn't. <br /> <br /> So I came up with an idea recently that would allow you to not wait that long for your copy to arrive. We will ship you your subscription copy via FedEx Ground for only $7.50 payable by check or credit card. These magazines will be shipped from my printer who normally handles our comp list. The $7.50 covers my cost for shipping, handling and padded envelopes. The magazines should ship out the same week the other subscriber copies ship out, September 7 and should take up to 5 business days to arrive, instead of up to 8 weeks. <br /> <br /> If you choose this option, you will not receive an additional copy in the mail. <br /> <br /> If you are interested in this, simply e-mail us back for instructions on how to charge this to your credit card. If you are sending us a check, all checks must arrive by Friday, September 4. Please remember, our mailing address changed one year ago. Please see below for the new mailing address. If you are mailing us a check, please include on a separate sheet of paper, your name, the name the magazine was subscribed under (if different than your name), your shipping address (no PO BOX's), State, City, Zip Code and your E-Mail address. No E-Mail addresses will be shared with outside parties. This opportunity is only good for domestic subscribers who reside in the lower 48 states. When the magazines are ready to ship, we will e-mail you your FedEx tracking number so you can track the magazines as they arrive. <br /> <br /> If we receive enough demand for this opportunity, we will continue to do this throughout the future for subscribers who absolutely must have their copies now. <br /> <br /> As always, you are invited to follow us on Facebook for real-time updates on this issue and more. <br /> <br /> http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=1304525325&k=Z5E2Q56X3Y31UCEHWAY3UUY</p>

<p><strong>Up to</strong> 8 weeks. As I said, the post office estimates that you'll receive it in 9 business days. If you read back through some of the postings on here last August when we sent out two consecutive issues, April 2008 and August 2008, the April 2008 issue arrived within 4 weeks and August issue arrived in 6 weeks for most people domestically. Internationally, we receive a huge discount that allows us to send all copies Airmail, so waiting isn't a problem.<br>

Please, calculate my costs for yourself. FedEx ground costs $6. 100 bubble mailers cost me $38 plus $8 shipping. http://www.uline.com/BL_1252/Self-Seal-Uline-White-Bubble-Mailers. I'm charged $35/hour to sort through the mail list and mail it out. In the end, I am making no profit off of this and dependent upon how many people want this, I could wind up losing money.<br>

People have waited so long for this, I want to give them the option to receive it as soon as possible. Again, it's not required. We will still mail you your copies via Periodicals Class as soon as they reach the distributor. After September 1, all are welcome to call the 718 number I entered above and verify you are on the subscription list and the week of September 7, you can verify if your subscription was sent out, yet.</p>