Focus magazine subscription

dbltap4

David, the only thing I have ever gotten for my two(2) subscriptions is two copies of the same magazine, Issue #15, dated February 2008. The first one I got right before Christmas, which was sent to me overnight (I was amazed at the service!), and then again sometime around March or April of 2008. That is all I have received since my first subscription in July of 2007. I have copies of all the emails I sent you inquiring what I could expect, but never received a reply.

Greg Hicks

Fort Lauderdale

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Greg. It seems like you don't have the April issue. I'll send you a copy asap this week. Monday or Tuesday the latest. Not sure why you didn't get it, but as I said, all magazines have these issues. With so many copies going out, one or two is bound to get lost.

As for the August issue, that one was sent out later than the April issue one was. It takes a bit longer to arrive.

Lastly, the December 2008 issue, the one shown on my website, hasn't even gone to print yet.

<i>People who complain just for the sake of complaining and trying to disrupt my business and hurt my business

after everything I've done to make the wrong's righted <b>will indeed be yelled at, cursed at, and I will be as

rude to you as I possibly can be.</b></i><P>

If you decide to do that here, expect to be banned from photo.net. Moderators have already been extremely

tolerant of your behavior in this thread (calling customers liars, insinuating you'll sue them for reporting they

haven't received copies of their magazines), but that tolerance has its limits.

In defense of David,he didn't say he'll sue for people reporting they didn't get their magazines.He said he'll sue for people trashing his and his magazine's reputation.2 totally different things.Even I understand that Mike.

The photo.net Terms of Use make it quite clear that this is not the place to yell at, curse at, and be as rude as possible to people, no matter how much you don't like what they're saying. If David wants to sue his customers for libel, he has that right. If he want's to do the things that I highlighted in his quote, he will be in violation of the site's Terms of Use. He has no right to be abusive towards other photo.net members.

And they have no right to be abusive toward me or my company. There's also the legal issues of using trademarked names AND my personal name in a website that is being used to attack my magazine. Yeah, my lawyer loved that.

I think this thread has lived itself out. The original purpose of it was to find out what the status is of focus magazine subscriptions. The subscriptions have been taken care of. Can we close this thread now? People have the e-mail address for subscription problems.

I would like to keep in touch with this forum until the subscription problems are solved. I've received my

April issue but continue to wait for the August issue, which Mr. Spivak wrote on August 17th that I would

receive "this week"; I continue to wait. I hope the distribution problems are solved, however, I will ask for a refund if I

don't receive the August issue.

Thank you David. I look forward to receiving the missing magazines. I really do like the magazine. I'm the type that likes to sit down and leisurely look at beautiful images in a big comfortable chair. But, I need the magazine in my hands to do that.

Can we also address the subscription that was paid for but never acknowledged? I would be more than happy to provide you with the Paypal transaction information. I just checked my account, and I can see it in my Paypal history.

Greg Hicks

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Greg and everyone else, if you need any help with your subscriptions, I would be more than happy to help you. Please send an e-mail to subprob@focusmag.info. You have my word that not one subscriber will be without their issues that they have paid for with their hard earned money. Your support and patience is greatly appreciated.

I am leaving this thread now and I certainly hope the moderators, since the problems have been solved, will decide to delete it.

To David, et al:

I received two copies of the August 2008 issue on Saturday August 6, so apparently I DO have two subscriptions. I

have not received any of the back issues (I got two copies of the February 2008 issue, months apart, but nothing else

until this past Saturday).

I sent an email to David on Sept 2, 2008 to the subprob@focusmag.info address as he requested in an effort to get

this straightened out, but have not received a reply. Has anyone else used this address, and did you get a reply?

Thanks,

Greg Hicks

Fort Lauderdale

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update - Issue #18 - the next Collector's Edition (you can see the cover on focusmag.info) will be going to the printer's next week. I expect a 6 week turnaround time. So as soon as that issue is printed, the distributor will be picking it up and shipping it out to all subscribers before it arrives on newsstands.

Once again, thank you all for your patience in dealing with this matter.

It is now 30 days since my last post outlining my course of action over your inability to deliver magazines as agreed to when I purchased a subscription to Focus Magazine. Thirty days ago I requested a refund which so far has not happened either and I outlined what my next action would be. Admitely I have recieved the April issue (ironically after my post of Sept 18th) but have yet to see anything resembling an August issue.

The ball is in your court David so again where do we go from here?

Dwight

• 4 weeks later...
got my August issue ( the one with the crying girl ) .... as always GREAT stuff.... read it three times already.. or I should say looked at it three times .... as always it gives me new ideas for my own work and hopefully will also improve my own work

• 2 months later...

<p>Hi David,<br>

I´m one, in a line, dissatisfied overseas subsriber. In august I paid for a two year subsrcibtion and I haven´t recived one single issue. I been in contact with you several times and you promised that have the problems solved, but nothing happens! The only regret I have is that I didn´t read this thread before i paid the magazine.<br>

I really can´t understand why you do it so hard for your self David. You have great magazine and this should be a good buissiness but you screw it up since you can´t get the administration to work correctly. This is soo sad.<br>

I really hope that you get your self together and solves the issues that you have so that we who paid for the subscribtions can get the magazins.<br>

Jonas</p>

<h2><br /></h2>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>Nothing is continuing, Jim. No issues have been printed since then. Our next issue is almost ready to be printed... should be next week. If you go to the website, it clearly shows you this. And if you wonder why no issues have been printed since then, I suggest you watch the news. The economy nearly collapsed last quarter. Now that things have, for the most part, stablized, advertisers are more secure. Once the issue is printed, the very same distributor that is in charge of shipping the magazine to newsstands ships it to subscribers.</p>