• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of build our own PC's and the cost is really quite small. This tends to tick off the Mac religous folks. The used dual core 20" Imac with 2 gig of ram got cost us 850 at the beginning of the year; its just as fast as the 4 win2000 and Xp boxes I built that cost the same amount. Thus in building up boxes to rip or batch files for clients; a PC has radically lower cost for our shop. Since they are not web connected; the BS of updates and virus crud doesnt happen. Part of the Mac dogma is that PCs are expensive; here I have bought P4's with 1 to 2 gigs of ram with a full win2000 or Xp license off of ebay for 85 to 180 bucks; with many in the middle. Many of these are pulls from companys; the drives get reformated and settup with only the stuff I want to load; they boot up extremely quick; there is no crud to load. The typical PC user loads up too much stuff on their boxes; it becomes a hodpodge that bogs and crashes at times. JUST getting a new pc cleans the slate for awhile; there are no bowling balls in the trunk. A mac is safer and more duffus proof than a PC; thus for many folks the added cost of a Mac really is in long term really a savings; you step in less manure; the Mac coccoon protects folks.

Kelly, just curious to know in what way your answer is constructive, and will help others?

Thats what people are talking about.. a PC guy that bashed on Mac guy or vice versa. that bring nothing more to this already long and non sense thread.

PC vs MAC

FILM vs DIGITAL

TRADIONAL DARKROOM vs DIGITAL DARKROOM

Why do whe still have those stupid fight in here? Can one live happy with his machine choice and stop trying to convince others that IS way is better....dam! if you are happy with your pentax K1000, your whatever computer brand with a uncalibrated monitor and still like to experiment with chemical, its all good to me, lets be happy : )

The bottom line to me is that both systems are highly useable and each person should choose what they prefer. My next computer will be a Mac, but if I see the need for a PC, then I will buy a PC and own both systems. Computers are just a freekin? tool!