Hi all,

I've heard great things from so many of you about KEH for second hand gear, and

I recently put in an order of a lens. I received their confirmation Email

saying that my order had been received and that they would Email me the total

including shipping for my approval before sending the order out, as is their

policy for international orders (I'm in Australia). However, I hadn't heard

anything more from them after three weeks, so I shot them an Email quoting the

order number, just incase it got lost somewhere along the way. That was about

a fortnight ago, I still haven't heard back from them.

So I'm just wondering, is this usual, or does it sound like I've slipped

through the cracks somewhere? I trust their reputation, and please don't think

I am berating them by this Email (was hesitant to even write "I am having

trouble" in the subject!) as I beleive they are a reputable dealer simply by

the number of referances I've read on PN, I'm just wondering if this is a usual

delay. If it's not, how would some of you 'prior customers' suggest I go about

contacting them, remembering that I'm on the other side of the world, and not

really keen on getting up in the middle of the night to have a chat with them

over the phone ;)

Thanks for any input.

Steve

I ordered a light-meter from them which was faulty when it arrived. It was a 'Rush' shipment, so I had to pay an extra $15. I called the salesman who told me to ship it back and they would find a replacement. They did finally find a replacement, but with the amount of money I spent on shipping, I could have purchased a much better light-meter. That's the only negative I have on KEH other than that they are a very reputable company.

have multiple purchases from them. only one item with problems in 5+ years. They immediately replaced the item and s/h at their expense. I would buy from them without reservations. Hopefully you can get this entanglement fixed quickly.

Thankyou for all the reassuringposts guys, like I said, I don't doubt their authenticity one bit. Well, I'll zap them another Email, and if that doesn't do it, well, I guess I'll have to put the coffee pot on and stay up late to give them a call!

Thanks again for the reassurance, I do appreciate it.

Cheers,

Steve

Only good ones for me. They rate their stuff very conservatively. All the stuff I get from them is cherry, and I usually get the 'bargain' grade stuff. Not sure if I ever got an 'ugly' but I doubt it'd be that bad- probably still look better than most of my kit. I think they buy only from dentists and ophthalmololgists who buy a camera and shelve it after using it once, or engraving their social security number on it. Of course the piece is unocollectable at that point, but works perfect.

Steve Torelliphoto.net patron, Jun 20, 2007; 08:01 a.m.

"They are very reputable and I've dealt with them several times. Your order must have gotten lost in the ozone somehow. A phone call may be in order. Good luck."

Steve surely that word should have two Z's and a hyphen in it - "gotten lost in the oz-zone somehow". :-)

Well, just thought I'd post a follow up here, just on the off chance that anyone's interested ;)

I sent another Email to KEH, this one to the Sales department (which makes sense to me, I thought it was od that the initial Email from the sales department recommended I contact the service department), and I got a reply the next day (dark of the world here, remember). Turns out that the Email from them to confirm my postage charges got abducted in cyberspace and never made it to my inbox, so, naturally, after not hearing from me for a fortnight, they cancelled the order.

The girl I've been talking to has been very helpful to say the least. She has even offered to adjust the total of my new order to reflect the saving I would have made if my last order had gone through (purchased an 'on sale' item that's no longer on sale).

So, at the end of the day, their great reputation still stands... to bad I can't say the same for this bundle of wires that connects us all!

Cheers for the support guys.

Steve