580EX ii manual in English

pjmeade

Hello, I've just picked up a 580EX ii from fleabay. It turned out to a Japanese

market model with the Japanese instruction manual. Can someone direct me to a

(free) download of the manual in English please?

Many thanks. Pete

The link refers to the manual for the 580EX, not the 580EX II :(

I often wonder why Canon don't do us all a favour and make these things available - surely if must already exist in an electronic format (written that way) - and it's not like it contains anything they'd like to secret (I'm sure the opposition were the first to buy a copy of the new unit, complete with manual) - so why wouldn't they make it available?

On that note, I own both versions of the flash - and they are - for the most part - pretty much the same. Biggest difference being the external metering and the fact that the OFF-MASTER-SLAVE switch has been replaced by a software selection.

• 1 month later...

CS: "On that note, I own both versions of the flash - and they are - for the most part - pretty much the same. Biggest difference being the external metering and the fact that the OFF-MASTER-SLAVE switch has been replaced by a software selection."

<p>Care to expound? I'm thinking of buying a 580 this week (not sure whether MkI or MkII) and would like to make as informed a decision as possible. I've been reading a few posts from people having trouble with their 580MkIIs (e-TTL not working, etc etc).

<p>Cheers,

<br>Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

<p>i dont know if this has been resolved but ive found the manual on the canon website ands am printing it at this very moment.<br>

here's the link for the flash unit.<br>

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=141&modelid=14998#DownloadDetailAct<br>

the link features the following: product overview, features, specifications, supplies & accessories, support &serrvice, and drivers & downloads.<br>

If you click the drivers and downloads there will be a link to a pdf version of the manual where you can print the document.<br>

cheers.</p>

<p>i dont know if this has been resolved but ive found the manual on the canon website ands am printing it at this very moment.<br>

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=141&modelid=14998#DownloadDetailAct<br>

the link features the following: product overview, features, specifications, supplies & accessories, support &serrvice, and drivers & downloads.<br>

If you click the drivers and downloads there will be a link to a pdf version of the manual where you can print the document.<br>

cheers.</p>

cheers.</p>