Where do you find Canon apparel, monopod sleeves, decals, etc?

jim_d5

Ok, surely I am not the only one to want this stuff. I go to sporting events

all the time and see photographers, among whom are just about all using Canon

equipment. They all have plenty of cool Canon stuff, i.e. a Canon t-shirt with

a big red Canon logo on the back, or a red sleeve on their monopod that says

something like Canon on one side and EOS Digital on the other.

The list goes on and on. Another one, big Canon decals on thier lens hoods or

white lenses. So where do you get this stuff? I have heard of a Canon

Corporate Collection but all the links I see to it are broken. Do you have to

be a CPS member?

Also, whenever I go into Camera shops I see big Canon banners and flags. I am

in college and like putting things on my walls, and being a big Canon fan I

would like to have one of these banners. But how?

I have searched for quite some time on the internet which has produced hardly

anything. This stuff seems really hard to find. Anyone know a good source?

Preferably one that will take a credit card and ships to the US :-)

This is free advertising for Canon. If one justs write to ones Canon dealer they should send you a variety of stuff for free... I have got loads of free stuf for fishing gear - Rapala, Shimano etc in the past. Rapala even sent me these nice key chains with mini Lures on them all the way from Sweden to Sri Lanka...

Never tried Canon though! Perhaps best to keep a low profile here.

You have to own 3-5 "L" lenses.

Seriously, you probably have to be a member of CPS. Or some type of sponsorship thing.

I think a banner in your dorm might be fun. But any other Canon logos, like sticker on your car,t-shirts, or baseball caps, etc. are probably going to attract the attention of thieves, or muggers. I purposefully blacked out (colored in) my Canon EOS logo, on my camera straps, so that you can barely see it. I either put a patch (Yin-Yang patch) over my Lowepro bags patches or carefully undid the stitching of the rubbery logos on the newer Lowepro bags. I have petty much de-logo-ed everything, except the camera (but I have heard of people doing that too) Yes, I'm a little paranoid, but I'd rather be safer. You know, what might be a cool design, something more abstract, that only Canon uses would understand: Like a shirt that simply said "EOS" or something like that. Or similar to "got milk?" or "got linux?", it would be "Got EOS?" or "Got "L"?... okay maybe, it's a little tacky, but I'd feel safer wearing those. I think, you should design a shirt... maybe I'll try to design a shirt....

Amol

Most sites like BH Photo and Adorama have Canon bags but that's about it other than equipment. I can't knock you for wanting Canon apparel as people wear shirts or hats of their favorite sports team. We all go through this phase of wanting to be noticed for our personal choices.

Some of the Canon Service Centers sell Canon logo items fron time to time. I've seen t-shirts,

hats, lens-clocks, duffle bags, drink coolers, etc., at Canon Hawaii. I wouldn't buy any of it

but the EF lens with an alarm clock in it was kinda cool (albeit geeky as hell).

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

Take ther example of wanting to wear a t-shirt with a big fat Canon logo on it - i am very interested as to what message or image are you wanting to project by wearing this shirt?

If I buy a pair of Nike runners they have a prominent logo, but that is fine because Nike makes the shoes, they don't make cameras. My cameras of course have clearly visible Canon logos and that is fine.

I just struggle to see why someone would want to wear clothing or whatever, nothing to do with photography, with photography manufacturer's branding on it. But it's a free world (in some areas) and you are obviously entitled to wear what you want. Maybe Canon dish out that sort of stuff at some shows/conventions - just an idea.

why would you want to advertise for Canon? Similar to all the amateur cyclists in Seattle I see that are wearing the eurofem cycling garb with all the sponsorship logos, riding 14 mph on their $5000 bike...Me, I'm going to paint over the Canon letters and remove the red rings, I hate advertising. The white lenses are another problem.