high saturation film

a few years ago a very high saturation film maybe fuji come out i think in

japan,and was never available in this country..i was just wondering if anybody

knows what was the name and is it available to buy

thanks

Are you thinking of Fuji Fortia and Fuji Fortia SP? If so, there are other people who can

probably advise on whether it is available outside of Japan (as I recall, it could only be

purchased by shipping it from Japan).

By the way - when you say "this country', where do you mean?

Cross-processed slide film is very high saturation. Try Kodak EPP 100, rate it at ISO 80 and have it developed normally in C-41 (pro lab!). Other slide films might give you different results, so try them all to find the combination you love.

The only films in Japan that are not available in other countries are those by Fuji (I think...).

What Ed says is correct. Every Spring, Fuji releases a limited batch of Fortia SP. The original Fortia was a stricly one off thing done a few years ago, and was replaced by Fortia SP. This is an ISO 50 slide film with probably the highest saturation of ANY film out there. It's seriously crazy. It was designed to capture the delicate hues of the cherry blossoms here (hence the limited release in Spring only). In my opinion, this is a pure novelty film. The colours are truely wild. They block up easily and the contrast is also very high. Really dull subjects that need an injection of life might benefit from this film, but use it on an already colourful scene and you risk going blind from the colour overload. No joke.

If you are looking for a negative film, the the only one Fuji don't export officially is Natura (again, not sure). This is an ISO 1600 film and is supposedly really good. The saturation is probably better than other films in its class but cannot be compared to Velvia and the like.

• 1 year later...