Baltimore Washington Wedding Shoot Locations

david_byrne

Hi All,

Long time reader but first time poster... what a great resource photo.net is!

I am an Irish photographer but I am shooting a friends wedding in Baltimore

Washington in two weeks time. Does anyone know good outdoor locations for doing

the formals after the ceremony? Also I need to hire some equipment, studio

lights etc. does anyone know a good rental company in the Baltimore area?

Any help or tips about shooting in Baltimore would be greatly appreciated, it

will be my first time in Baltimore and I only arrive one day before the

ceremony! How do I let people talk me into these things! The wedding is in St.

Vincent de Paul Church, 120 N. Front Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 with the

reception in the reception in The Engineers Club at the Garrett-Jacobs Mansion,

11 West Mount Vernon Place, Baltimore, MD, 21201.

Kind regards

David

I'm just getting started with photography so I've never shot anyone's wedding, but I did just move from Baltimore so I can tell you that for the most part it's not a very scenic city and your best shot is to probably find somewhere at either the church or reception site. If they absolutely will not work, then the Inner Harbor is probably the most scenic part of the City. I have frequently seen bridal parties photographed right on the waterfront near all of the shops and restaurants. Also there is a park called Federal Hill just adjacent to the waterfront. It is a pretty, grassy hill with some trees, benches, and a fabulous view overlooking the harbor. I could be a little biased though because that's where my husband happened to propose to me.<div>00Kzmq-36320884.thumb.jpg.f851e438fbb0455cb57fe0527e131b41.jpg</div>

Go down to the waterfront and take some fun pictures in a boat. :) Really! I think the boardwalk would be super cool and they have a really big old ship (colonial era) down there that you could use. You could also go inside the shops (can't remember what they're called - I was there 3 years ago for a wedding) and take some fun pictures with people milling about. There is also a big huge fountain a couple of blocks west of the waterfront that is super cool. Sorry I'm not more help! MAybe you could find a map of Baltimore and find the locations of parks and such. Or you could just ask the couple where they would prefer to go. :)

David- I am not familiar with any rental houses in Baltimore, but if you have the time (about 30-40 minutes) and access to a car, Penn Camera in Washington, DC (proper) offers rentals of both Nikon and Canon equipment and they have a pretty good selection. You can check them out at www.penncamera.com. I use them frequently for lenses I can't afford :)

Hi David. No need to go all the way to the harbor...the Engineer's Club is in a very scenic location in the heart of Mount Vernon. There are plenty of beautiful historic structures including the Washington Monument, plus nicely manicured flowers, greenery, and fountains. I've shot weddings and engagement portraits around there and love the area. Check out this website: <a href="http://www.mvcd.org/">mvcd.org</a><p>Good luck and enjoy Baltimore!<p>- Jill

Guys you are fantastic!.... Thank you so much for taking the time to give such good advice and great tips. It will really take the pressure off when I do a quick location scout around Baltimore the night before the wedding. I really appreciate it! If any of you are ever visiting Ireland and need advice feel free to mail me david.e.byrne@gmail.com

Angela, lovely location for a proposal! I can see why you said yes :o)

Take care

David