EFKE 127 Film

I bought 4X4 EFKE Film at B&H Photo and used it in three different cameras. It came out very flat. I'm

wondering if its my inexperience and overexposure or bad film or underdeveloping. Using on of the same

camera's and not much more experience in exposure settings I took color photos and they turned out

okay. see http://www.significantudders.com/webexamples

It looks like you have a lot of lens flare in the black and white images. Are the lenses hazy? Also, try shooting at a greater angle to the sun, or using a slip-on Series adapter ring with a lens hood to cut the flare somewhat. When strong light hits the lens head on like that, it will cause any number of flare problems, which will result in low contrast negatives. EFKE film, when exposed and developed at box speed, will produce *very* contrasty negatives in my experience. Alternatively, try cutting exposing time and boosting development time to up the contrast.

- Randy

Since you got similar results from several cameras, I'm guessing that your B&W film got fogged.

Before exposing and developing Efke medium format film, make sure to store it in a dark place. Always load your camera in a dark area too.