For Scott Pickering- Fuji Acros 100 in D-76 1:1 @ 20c

It all depends how big you enlarge to and which format is used Terry.

Stephen`s images are small sections of different parts of the original image which I would guess is from a 35mm negative, also some film scanners seem to have an uncanny ability to to show the graininess of a film no matter how fine grained the film.

An enlargement from the same negative seen for real may look entirely different to how the image appears on a PC monitor.

Nial, how do you rate your 1:50 Acros/Rodinal?

I've been using R-09 instead of "Rodinal", rating happily at 200 with 1:50 adding 1/4-1/3 time Vs Massive Chart. Zero grain at 8.5X11 (Nikon 4000ppi scan), don't yet know about my normal 11X17 goal.

Massive chart offers a 1:25 time for 200 with Rodinal itself, but I'm not sure that'd result in Rodinal appearance.

What do you think?

I'm not sure that rating the Acros @ 64 then getting a lab to process in D76 is a good idea.

In my own tests http://photo-utopia.blogspot.com/

I have found Acros to be pretty much equal to TMX and better grain wise than Plus x and

very similar to the Adox 25.

Contrast and tone wise I had to shoot quite a few rolls (3 or 4) to really nail a setting I can

use for general photography and for Acros that is 18 mins in Rodinal 1:100 at box speed.

Plus-x needs less time I rate that 15 mins 1:100 at box speed.

I've done quite a lot of testing of B&W films of late and if you are interested check out my

blog, they are not formal tests, just my feelings on the overall character of each film.