FISHEYE Zenitar 2.8/16 for Leica M bayonet and M39 body

Hi, Fred. Is possible to mount any bayonet, M42 or M39 mount lenses on the M bayonet, using the correct lens adapter: see www.cameraquest.com or www.fotodiox.com for price and availaibility. I own various lens adapters, to mount Nikon F on the M bayonet (two), Nikon F on the M39 LTM (one) and M42 thread mount on the M39 LTM mount (two), all completely made in Italy by very fine photographic mechanical artisans. All mantain the infinity focus capability, all are without internal lens and all are rangefinder uncoupled. The very difficult, in your case, is to find the proper external finder, because don't exist. in fact, the more wide finder are those for the 15 mm lenses (VC or Zeiss ZM) that are a rectlinear wideangles (not fisheye). Ciao.

The CV finder for the 12mm lens is close to a perfect fit with the Zenitar -- it is even a mildly fisheye finder, which is the only way they could get that wide a view into the finder. I have used this exact combination and it works very well, the 12mm finder and the 16mm Zenitar with adapter and a short extention tube on my IIIf. I had to disable the stop-down pin on the Zenitar so it is always stopped down. Otherwise it will only work at full aperture.

I do what Robert Meier did, and it works great: a Leica thread mount to Pentax M42 mount adapter (made by pentax), then a 9.5mm screw mount Pentax extension tube. You would have to include a Leica bayonet to Leica thread mount adapter. Be sure to find out how to take the Pentax pin out, the lens has to be in manual mode. Here is an example: http://www.photo.net/photo/5597523