Ontario to photographer: No nude shots of students

<I> I got out of law enforcement when I realized I'd be dealing with the same people for

the rest of my life. It gave me a very poor impression of people in general, because I only

dealt with the small percentage of people who are complete knuckle draggers and those

whom they victimize.</I><P>

Heh heh... Really. Still claiming you don't have an agenda?

www.citysnaps.net

Wigwam, isn't it clear? When one disagrees with you, you automatically have an "agenda." It is

a fairly transparent and typical way of being dismissive. My other favorite is using the word

"defensive" about someone who has a point of view other than one's own. Kind of avoids the

actual

issue and moves on to personality (logicians call them <i>ad hominem</i> attacks or

fallacies), often resorted to when an

argument of substance just isn't there to be found.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

The point is: either something is legal, or illegal. If it is legal, then "leaning on" somebody to stop doing it is illegal. One more example of double standards. OTOH, each of us needs to live in a community and a certain degree of compliance does wonders sometimes...

It is legal in Ontario CANADA for women to walk around topless. The case stemmed from when a female working outdoors on a hot day took her top off. She was arrested for indecent exposure. Her defense to the judge was that the men around her were topless, and it's sexual discrimination to not allow her to be similarly topless if she wishes to be. The judge agreed with her. From that point on, Canadian women have had the right to be topless in public.

"By law in Ontario Canada it IS legal for women to go topless in public. I assume thats 18 and over."

<br>

<br>Sylvan: Why just 18 and over? Shouldn't that apply to all, since we're not talking about photographing and posting on a website? They're walking around topless in their own free will, and people under 18 have a free will too don't they?

<br>

<br>Regarding the original topic here. If it's not illegal it's legal, isn't it? No authorities can (legally) stop any legal activities or even "advice", in this case the photographer, to stop what she is doing. I, just as Wigwam, get the feeling that she was more or less forced to stop shooting high school students, but I might be wrong.

The other shoe drops: Photographer served with 'Cease and Desist' Order. Seems a nearly-forgotten zoning law was remembered:

http://www.10nbc.com/news.asp?template=item&story_id=21946

If the zoning law is being broken, the city has a leg to stand on in enforcing the cease and desist. Of course, all the photographer has to do to remain legal is to move outside the zoning area. Or challenge the zoning regulation in court. But as I mentioned earlier, this is the way that municpalities and counties can legally shut down things they don't like - the 'leaning on' the photographer was unnecessary and (probably) illegal.

Oh well, so it goes.