viewing numbers?

hugh_hill

Is it just me or is something wrong with the viewing numbers?

the last few images I uploaded are in the tens whereas they are usually in the

thousands, has something changed recently in connection with the numbers to

reduce it so or has everyone just disapeared?

Alien abductions in abundence perhaps! :)

Giovanni is correct. Fred's case of "rated before viewed" happens because ratings are tallied as they happen, but views are tallied only once per 24 hours, and so often lag behind ratings.

The new method of counting views is more consistent with reality, you don't get a "view" just because someone opened the Critique Forum page while yours was shown as a thumbnail.

I don't know whether views are counted when someone opens your portfolio thumbnail page.

<Chas>

Thanks Giovanni, Fred & Charles for your time in answering.

I hope it?s when someone opens the actual image, I have never really understood it or how it works just a little strange lately getting high ratings and hardly any views.

I am beginning to think that there are fewer that leave comments/critique now and just that bung a rate without really looking at them.

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

A photo to be counted as "viewed" should be clicked twice: first to enlarge it, then "larger".

So, if a photo is small enough that doesn't need to be enlarged twice could get more "views" or not? (there is only one option to enlarge it, no "larger"). Thanx