Neopan SS100 discontinued?

Comparing 100SS to Acros is like saying you do not like the Leica M3 because the Canon 1DS MkIII is so much better. They are completely different. I love them both but for very different reasons, they vastly are different emulsions and give much different looks.

Whether being on the Fuji site or not means it's gone I would not know, but I doubt it's some kind of sign.

For the past several years, Fuji has only produced occasional batches of this film. It, generally, does not enjoy regular production and is never easy to find in the USA. In fact, I'm not sure that Neopan SS has been officially offered in the USA for several years.

That being said, I located this page on the FujiFilm site without too much trouble...

http://www.fujifilm.com.my/eprint/FILM_proneopanSS100.htm

I believe it is only offered in 135.

I received a response today from Fuji:

"Dear xxxxx:

Thank you for contacting Fujifilm, USA's Contact Center. Please allow us to assist you.

Please be advised that Neopan 100 SS black and white film is not

imported into the United States. Therefore, we do not have information regarding its availability nor can we offer support for it...."

I was hoping to try SS100 as a possible alternative to 120 APX100, but it seems SS100 (and 1600) is not made in 120.

I bought a bunch of Fujifilm Neopan SS 100 last year, as it was about half the price of Fujifilm Neopan Acros 100. Indeed, the two films are very different from each other. If such a thing exists, "technically," Acros, being the much newer emulsion, probably "wins." Photography, however, is not "technical," but artistic; one may well prefer Acros to SS or SS to Acros, or each at different times, for its own merits.