Kodak TMZ Bulk Film

User_502260

That's what I was going to write, but Jim beat me to it. Last time I looked that was the price. I don't use enough of it to warrant that sort of expenditure and I don't think too many other folks do either. If you are only a casual user of this film, be advised that it doesn't keep well. I have some that's been frozen and 1 year out of date. It is what I consider to be badly fogged and has lost a tremendous amount of speed. It is totally useless for the extreme low light conditions for which it was made. I'm sure that I can coax an image out of it with some effort, but it isn't worth it. Best to buy fresh as needed, then use and process promptly. Of course if you are planning to use the 100 feet in a short amount of time, then it might be worthwhile.

I looked at the B&H, Calumet, Freestyle and Adorama websites and I didn't see it at any of them. I have used TMZ which was as much as a year out of date and still got good results so I think this film is very sensitive to how it is stored. I would stil be interested in getting a 100 foot roll if I could find one.

Any fast film is sensitive to how it is stored. Cosmic rays will fog fast films, even if you freeze them. The only way to prevent this is to store the film deep underground. I read somewhere once that Kodak has underground storage in abandoned mines for this very reason.

I don't recall ever seeing bulk TMZ so I don't think it has ever been particularly popular. It is not exactly a standard-use film, although there is probably the odd person like you that finds it fits their photographic style really well. (I'm at the other extreme - I like slow films. :) )

Jeff, Calumet etc may special order it for you if you ask, perhaps. I have a partial 100' TMZ stored deep in a basement freezer and peel off a few rolls when I need it for a project. Kodak still makes lots of different films for scientific and industrial purposes that are usually not sold in the B&H-type venues so you may want to try a smaller, Kodak dealer or call Kodak directly. They do furnish dealer lists. Yes, it is relatively expensive. FYI: Even I can still order dual-perf, 70mm Plus-X for a minimum order of $10K from Kodak . . . so if there is a great enough need, you should be able to get TMZ! ;-)