What Canon film bodies do you still own?

terry_lee10

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I did start a bit of a private Canon Museum:

<P>

Canonflex, Pellix, EF, FTb, A-1(3), AE-1P, T50, T70, ExEE, Canonet(s), F-1, Photura, all kinds of P&S, and on and on and on...not even really sure all of what's in the cabinet anymore.<P>

Still love the A-1, shot it until it was replaced by the 5D last year. And yes, I still have a refrigerator full of film I'd like to burn up someday. Paul

There's an old minolta XD-11 and 50/1.7 and 135/2.8 lenses that is reserved for "high risk" situations like sea kayaking. It's been a few years since I ran any film through it, but the meter and shutter still work.

For EOS film bodies, I still have all three that I bought over the past ten years, starting with an Elan II, then an EOS 5, and finally a used 10s. The 5 has a bum dial, and even though it works, is practically valueless. Unless someone wants a film camera with an intervalometer, the 10s is pretty much worthless too. I still use the Elan II for shooting slides, although some of the segments in the viewfinder display don't light up any more. The DSLR is great for figuring out the exposure if there's any question.

I have a few rolls of Kodak Gold 100 in the freezer, but the main film is Provia 100F.

There are also a couple EF lenses that have quit autofocusing, but otherwise work fine. Maybe they will be mounted on one of the retired bodies and given to someone who can't afford a camera.

EOS IXe (APS). I use this one on occaision when I feel like taking the time to warm-up some film from the fridge and burning a few bucks on processing. I still like that I can switch films mid-roll without counting frames myself.

7Ne. Hardly use this one...probably because I didn't stock a lot of 35mm film and am more likely to borrow my wife's OM-2n if shooting 35mm.

I've been having fun with all the film kit that's being sold-off cheaply. Last week I bought a T70 to go with my A1. Think I'll get a T90 next. And I still have my EOS 5. They are all soooo cheap these days. That said, most of my pictures are taken with my 400D...

Hi,

In Canon EF, I've got a pair of EOS3 with power boosters, and might have a nice Elan 7 with battery grip shortly.

In Canon FD, I've got an A1 with MA drive, an AE-1 with winder, and a T80 at the moment.

In other manufacturers' film cameras, I've got too many to try to list... several hundred in various formats and types. ;-)

It is nice see that some are still hanging unto some film bodies and occasionally shoot some film.

I think all of my film are either just recently expired or expired some time ago but they have all been kept in the freezer. Not to long ago, I placed an advertisement for some Velvia 50 in the local paper for $5 a roll but must be sold in the whole unopened pro-pack. Only had one telephone call and when I told him that the film is expired but kept in freezer, he was not interested. Looks like I will have use them up myself and at the rate I am going, it will take years.<div>00K7I8-35196784.jpg.292fed9707e5b3ab1ae1e4cfdece2852.jpg</div>

I still shoot film a lot. Its slightly more film then digital at this time. For FD I have a FTb (with focus issues) and an AE-1 (with overexposure issues). I used to own a T-70 and T-90. I use EOS most of the time and in that case I have an Elan 7 and 1N-HS. I bought the 1N not long ago. I was planning to get a new Elan 7N, but the 1N came up and I went for it instead. I have no plans to sell my EOS film bodies. I do have for digital an XTi, but it gets little use compared to my other bodies. Now and then I'll bring out my Pentax 6x7 and for some shoots a P645. But those aren't Canon, so I'll stop there.

I still have my trusty A2 from June of '94. I wore the shutter out on it in 2000 and used that as an excuse to buy a 1vHS (I agree that it's the best film camera ever!) which I will never part with. I also have an F1N with motordrive and a winder, an FT, a Pellix, and a G-III QL-17. I use my 20D 98% of the time, but I love the feel of my 1vHS and the beautiful pics it produces. For important shots I use both the 20D and 1vHS. By the way, I did get the A2 repaired, and it works wonderfully now.

Rebel 2000 and Elan 7E here ... did not buy a digital yet mainly for two reasons.

<br><br>

1. Can't afford to get a good DSLR with a grad student's hard earned salary :)

<br>

2. The university offers a good digital lab to scan the films and slides free of charge.

<br><br>

But once I go out a non-digital life would probably be hard to sustain. Developing, scanning, printing ... too many variables to deal with.

"I still have a refrigerator full of film I'd like to burn up someday. Paul"

Wonder if anyone has a suggestion for recycling frozen film? We keep getting all these posts from students saying they HAVE to buy and use a manual camera. Maybe we should start an exchange where people with frozen stocks offer to donate to students/programs that will use it.

Not quite the same as recycling frozen sperm, but it could help someone :-)

EOS 30 and EOS 300V. The EOS 30 I use very ocasionally for the pile of Velvia 50 I still

have in the fridge. The EOS 300V is alawys loaded with black and white film. But I am

using them less and less since I went digital a couple of years ago. Lets face it its easier to

get photos into your computer than all the hassle with a tranny scanner. Still love the feel

of the EOS 30 though and the deliberate act of taking landscape photos with a tripod

various. polariser and filters etc. Plus nothing like the sound of that camera as someone

mentioned earlier. DSLR is good, take a lot more pics, analyse them a lot using histogram

etc when shooting and I have probably learned a lot more technically about taking photos.

However still hark back to the slower pace of shooting film. So will I sell them, perhaps

not as I think using film makes you slow down . And for me photography is as much

about relaxation and still feel my best photographs were shot on Velvia.