Hi,<p>

I accidentally got some of the black ink on my fingers (don't ask!). How can I

get it off ? I tried with water and soap, then with alcohol, with no result.<p>

The ink is a third-party ink compatible with Epson R-220, from the black

cartridge.<p>

Please tell me this ink is not archival and won't last 50-100 years on the

right skin.<p>

Thanks,<br>Kris.

Time, really as your skin continually replenishes itself with old cells giving way to new ones the stained cells will rub themselves off. Most of the solvent based stain removers may be a whole lot worse for your skin than the ink that is now coloring your dermis. If anyone asks tell them its a rare but not fatal tropical skin fungus, then ask them if they want a bite of your half eaten sandwich...LOL

Relax, it will wear off eventually.

Thanks to everyone who's concerned about my tropical fungus - LOL. I don't have the impression it's advancing anymore...<p>

I'm still searching for the lighter fluid. I can remember exactly where it always was up to about six years ago...<p>

My wife never polishes here nails (nor do I) so no polish remover in the house...<p>

I'll try the bleach tomorrow when I have working clothes on, and otherwise it will be the time solution.<p>

Thanks again,<br>Kris.

I use bleach when necessary, but not everyone's skin does well with a 1:5 bleach solution. (Read the label.) It's not great to breathe, so ventilation becomes very important. Hydrogen peroxide is also a bleaching agent, but weaker and safer. You might try that first. It won't work nearly as quickly as bleach, so you might have to have your hands in it for a while, but it won't hurt you as long as you don't get it in your eyes.

One more safety note, probably superfluous: don't combine Windex with bleach.

Sorry I didn't mention to try the Windex. Just don't know what it is here in Spain.<p>

Actually I forget about it as I was working outside with gloves on. Now, after several times normal washing it's a lot clearer already, so I guess in a few days it will be history.<p>

I will try the whiskey though, but I'm convinced that an oral solution is the way to go, maybe even 1:0 solution ;-)

Thanks to all.<p>

Regards,<br>Kris.

Kris - Windex is an Ammonia based glass cleaner. Ammonia tears most inkjet inks apart. It can be used to unclog printers, clean up ink spills in the shop, get ink off your hands, your kids hands, etc.

You'll find Epson inks virtually immune to alcohol: you can use alcohol (low water content, not 30% rubbing alcohol) to clean a glossy print.

In the USA a 100 pack of Stanley disposable vinyl gloves is about 7 bucks in the paint dept prep masking tape area at Walmart. Keep a pack of these by your printer, for painting, working on cameras and glueing stuff. <BR><BR>Normal skin sheds so the ink spot goes away in a few weeks<BR><BR>If one dabbles with rusty cars the product "RUST BULLET" works real well; but has to be shed off ones skin too.