where to buy b&w film 120 in miami? and where to develop them in new york?

martin_touzon

hi .. im from argentina and im going to the usa in a few weeks.. someone tol me

that the x rays are very perjudicial for the films so i wanted to know where

to buy them there and also where to develp them so not to bring thewm home and

find out that my photos have disapeared. thanks very much ... ciaooo

i don't know where to buy in miami, but in new york you could get them developed at 68

Degrees, Kelton Labs, The C-Lab, Diapositive, Duggal, MV Labs, Modernage... the list goes

on

as for bringing film home, last summer i went to switzerland and italy and packed all my

film in an x-ray pouch. going thru security at newark airport, they let me thru no problem.

in italy tho, they did make me unpack my bag with the x-ray pouch and they looked thru

it. after inspection, they let me go thru security without putting the film thru the x-ray

scanners again. anyways, i got home and all my film was fine. this was all carry-on

baggage, mind you... i hear the problems start when you pack stuff like this in luggage

that gets checked and stowed in the belly of the plane. supposedly those scanners are

much more powerful than ones that check carry-on items.

World Wide Photo at 5040 Biscayne Blvd. (U.S. 1) has a good stock of film. It's about a couple km north of downtown Miami and about 1 km east of I-95, the north south expressway. Parking is in the rear on a little street next to the railroad tracks but the store is well marked. Actually the rear of the store IS the front. Email me if you need more info. Maybe get together for a coffee. -Al