One M Body/One Lens/One Film

lee hamiel

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leica M6 TTL, 50mm Lux Pre-Asph, Reala 100, based on what I ended up liking the most in Europe this summer. I gave up on B&W film because of problems scanning it. But I've been scanning old b&w film quite well now that I've started using Vuescan with my Minolta 5400II scanner. So, my future choice might include HP5 rather than Reala. It would be nice to know how everyone is processing all that Tri-X and oher traditional b&w film. Who scans and prints themselves?

Lee,

You can throw out all the answers that include a 35mm lens. Those folks are either just being politically correct or are trying to guess the right answer. These are the same people who say classical music is their favorite groove.

Eliminate all answers of 28mm. Having a 28 as your only lens is just an affectation that usually clears up with a new eyeglass prescription.

That pretty much leaves the 50mm. Of those, you can throw out any mentioned f stop below 2.0 because if God intended us to have faster lenses we would have had them sooner. F2 is all an honest man needs anyway. Below that is just sneaky. Also toss from what remains any that mention the word "aspherical" as it is a queer word that doesn't much mean diddly.

That pretty much brings you down to my earlier response to your question, which is OK to tabulate. Feel free to poll me any time.