Nudes must be in!

baerbel

Good observation, and yes I do prefer nudes to songbirds and mountains.

I love songbirdas and mountains but I love nudes more, it is about time people got used to themselves and others, on an ongoing basis. Nude photography does that quite well I think.

I think mountains are great and valleys are cool too, but they pale in comparison to the individuality and inexhaustable genetic variations we see day to day. Let the mountains live on for us by not pollutiong them with your friggin Hummers, and let nudes live on for humanity.

Cheers.

The interesting bit for me is that the "top photo" has a fairly good history of ratings, averaging out to about 4.4 and 4.6 from registered members, and about that from anonymous members - yet in "top photos" shows up as a recent anonymous rating as 7.0 and 7.0. I don't usually pay attention to such things, but it would seem as if something fishy were going on here. ;-)

steve

An obvious hijacking of the photo.net site by "jfd". A poor quality photo being the top rating for 4 days. What's up with this!

If nudes are to be on the photo.net site, couldn't they be put in a separate section. I can't even show my wife and kids some excellent photography work on photo.net because I'm afraid what will pop-up.

"If nudes are to be on the photo.net site, couldn't they be put in a separate section. I can't even show my wife and kids some excellent photography work on photo.net because I'm afraid what will pop-up."

And show them the unshowable... a wicked, perverse shot of the human body... Don't you think they can handle it?

I'd rather catch my kid looking at a naked breast than watching someone hack one off with an axe. (to paraphrase Jack Nicholson) I've never understood why violence in just about any form is preferable to nudity of any variety. Art nudes are more about shape, light/shadow than gynecological detail. I'd just like to see some balance between female nudes and male nudes. Seems like the two largest sets in the nudity debate are those who hate it all, and those who have no problem with showing women in every pose imaginable, but get nauseous at the idea of a male nude. Good grief.

And one final word - as a person who takes pictures of mountain ranges - hey, what's wrong with Nature!? ;)

• 1 month later...