Pentax K 30mm f/2.8 ?

ben conover

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:ZYb_jwdiQFgJ:stans-photography.info/All_Lenses_Index.html+Pentax+K+30mm+f/2.8&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4

I found this link about Pentax lenses. Apparently the K 30mm f/2.8 is 'a bit special' and quite rare. However, I would love to hear from users of this lens regarding using it. How much is it worth in mint condition?

Many thanks.

Hey, thanks Douglas. I was reading past threads, and your advice about getting a tripod is something I must do immediately.

I currently have a lightweight one which is ok for some light stuff, but useless for large format.

I'm a little surprised at the high prices you mentioned for the K 30mm f/2.8

I bought the ME super, K 30mm f/2.8, and M 200mm f/4 for U.S. $288 with postage paid from Australia. Some wonderful bargains aout there. I hope to use the lenses with a dslr someday. Until then I will look forwrd to the dinky ME super.

Cheers from Ireland.

First for Jochen- I maybe in error, but I think the 30mm f2.8 is a KA lens.

As to lens prices, as you can guess its anyone's guess how much a given lens is used is going to sell for. I kept telling myself to wait on the 85mm f1.4 A until the price went down from $400 (they now sell often well over $1000!); what did I know?

If a lens is preceived to be rare it's value seems to go sky-high. On the other side I remember just a few years ago when the old 40mm f2.8 pancake lenses (an M lens)were regularly selling well over $200, now you are lucky to sell one for half that price.

Hiya,

"First for Jochen- I maybe in error, but I think the 30mm f2.8 is a KA lens"

Incorrect..the Pentax 30/2.8 is not a KA lens. It was from the first range of Pentax K bayonet lenses and is simply referred to as a Pentax SMC or SMC-K lens.

The KA lenses were the last range of K lenses produced in the 80's for multi mode use with cameras like the Super-A.

cheers Steve.