Is there a future for PN?

mbb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid my dues so Iメll put in my 2 cents worth and state that my subscription price to P.N. is a bargain that Iメve never regretted. Compared to the price of a movie or an evening at the game, P.N is a steal. Often times Iメve paid sums greater than the subscription price for books on photography. Compared to P.N., I learned far less from those books and I didnメt have any fun with them at all. I enjoy P.N. and I enjoy モmeetingヤ people that share the love for the hobby.

Iメm probably a crummy photographer but thatメs ok; itメs just something I do for fun. Last January I discovered P.N. and immediately after モpaying upヤ I began posting at a rate of about 5 shots a month. I can look back from those first photos I posted; at the bottom of my モsingle shotsヤ folder, and see steady improvement all the way to the top of the folder. To me, the improvement is obvious and it is due to chiefly one factor; all of the charitable people like Will King and Kim Sloanaker who took their valuable time to point out how I might improve. I'm grateful to those people and to P.N. To see the improvement of this crummy photographer in such a concrete way demonstrates vividly to me the worth of Photo.net.

• 10 months later...
I know I am late to this conversation, but I have to agree, at least a little, with the original poster. Recently saw a lousy photograph, and the caption beneath was advice on how to shoot similar shots to rack up your bill--why this is funny to me is that the poster was new to PN, and her bio described her as a photography novice. So, in the few months she was posting, she became a PROFESSIONAL photographer, with advice for other professionals. She had also become quite bold in critiqing the work of other, far better photographers.

The one event that opened the floodgates on photo.net's popularity was beign listed for a couple of years i na row as the best photogrpahy oriented place to go to on the www.

After that it was "katy bar the door.

As for the critique /ratings, it is simple: I distrust mob rule so don't may much attention to what goes on there. If you think having your photos rated on an arbitrary scale by a mob is meaningful, well I hope you have thick skin and a great sense of humor. For years I've advocated getting rid of the galleries.

The former manager of this neglected his duties to a shameful degree.