bens

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A pleasure! :)

Laurie, Thank you for the great response under your portfolio by the way.

My fav. part was:

"My background is in art (painting and printmaking primarily). If I want to "create" a scene rather than capture it, I'd much rather do it the old fashioned way, with brush and canvas."

Loved it.

Cheers

M.H.

OK, I'll make an effort to be more responsive here on PN but not until next week, I'm taking a week long class on editing with Photoshop, much needed by the way. It does take time to leave a few commments each time we visit this fun site. I seldom offer a suggestion on how to improve an image because I'm such an amateur myself but I really enjoy communicating with people I feel are friends so sometimes my comments sound more like daily chit-chat and atta boys. So now I'd better get busy and go find some new creative photographers and some old friends and take a peek at their recent posts before I leave for Missoula. Thanks Ben for the great idea.

Seven and Susan, that's terrific.

So, that's 10 plus me, so I will get started next time I visit.

Anyone else, would be a pleasure if you indicate here if you are participating in this little experiment as well. I'd also suggest that anyone participating save this page when its completed on your computer if you'd like to remember the other participants.

I think I will also post an image of "Five" in my portfolio sometime today, please feel free to see it as a place for encouragement and discussion for those participating, and for those just interested in encouraging critques.

Thanks to all of you - here's to some fun and intersting dialogues about photographs over the next month.

Ben

I'm not so interested in generating feedback on my own folio per se. That said, I am chuffed to learn that people actually do visit my work and appreciate it. Feedback is an important element in the image making processes.

I've recently committed myself to getting round the folios of PN members for a couple of reasons.

I not in a position re-subscribe at the moment due to a lack of "magic plastic". As my identity papers are buried in storage in another state I shall remain credit cardless for the foreseeable future. Making an effort to provide feedback on the work of others is one small way I am able to contribute to the site. It does generously allow me to space on their server after all.

Personally, I've been surprised at the level of returned feedback I have received from my small efforts thus far.

A cross benefit to roaming the site is to find outstanding folios of work that for some reason or another donメt make it through to the TRPs. The TRPs are of course biased to a certain look and PN has much more to offer beyond those. You just have to go out and find it.

I'd encourage people to venture forth and discover some of the remarkable imagery scattered throughout the cyber halls of PN. I don't always level a comment just for the ake of it, but I've come across some amazing material.

C.

Whew! Ben S., it took me an hour to find and comment on 5 images and I'm a fast typer......now I'll have to follow up on my comments, this is going to be quite a commitment on all our parts and I don't want to neglect my "friends" portfolios either so I'd better "put the pedal to the metal" and make these keys burn....how fun.

Thanks Craig, agree that wandering around can lead to great finds.

Susan, take as little time as you would like, i'm sure any feedback is welcomed by many, many people from my own experience. i may not be as considerate as you, i expect to take about 5-15 minutes for each set I leave.

M.H. -- how about "Five!" At least that's the image I'll post. but whatever, hopefully we'll have some fun.

Can I suggest we mark each other under "interesting people". That way when any of us post something, its noted in our workspace. Just a thought. Ok, i commented on 9 today. Does that mean i only need to do one next time? ;) just kidding. Thanks for organizing Ben.

Barry

Ben, there is so much yada-yada in this forum about improving the system, but very few really put anything in practice, so I can only cherish you for such initiative. I already comment as much as I can (or as far as I'm technically able), but I will gladly join this idea too. Hope many more will commit!