Who would you hire to shoot your wedding?

stacy

I had an email today from somebody who asked me who I would hire to

shoot my own wedding (assuming Mary was invited and not shooting). I

really had to think!

So just for fun- if budget was not an issue and you had your choice

of anyone- who would it be?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hire someone based on what camera system they use and if they are willing to provide me all of the (good) original RAW images that went into their leather-bound, 72-page storybook album. If I have heard of him or her here on photo.net then all the better. I could easily tick off 6-7 names that could do it.<p>

What *did* I end up doing? On the cheap! Loaned my camera to my friend who shot us. Nothing artful or awesome was obtained but I knew that anyway. ;) Cool thread Stacy.

Wow- I'm flattered you guys :) Just send me an airline ticket and keep me away from reflective surfaces and I'll do my very best!

I'd picked Bill Mccullough or Marc Williams because they are both very good at catching funny/quirky/interesting moments :)

oooh- Ya if we're in fantasy land maybe I would choose Guy Bourdin- photos of wedding legs and the bride being killed with framed paintings... polaroids. That would be intersting wedding photography :)

I'm sorry I missed the reception at a hot dog stand

Okay, Gary Fong. But he'd have to do it for free just for the endorsements ... Oh, wait, I'm

not rich and famous, so I guess I'd have to pay.

In that case, Gary's out cause I'd rather buy a new Bentley Turbo with his fee ... and shoot

my wedding myself. Hey, it could be done. Set up remote cameras and hose off the shots

with the remote in my pocket. No, wait, that might look odd ... me with my hand in my

pocket ... people might get the wrong idea.

Okay, let's rethink this ... hmm ... can I get back to you on this?