Some Leica news

bobtodrick

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

honestly Lutz, i haven't been folowing a thing you've been saying since your "am i in two markets" comment or the couple you made after that begging for attention. Or who andwhat you've been bantering back and forth with since. I just caught the "prints" comment and asked a simple question.

i'm all for george jetson. i want a few flat panels on my walls and a subscription service to an imaging bank that replaces, via the internet, the image once in awhile within my confined tastes.

Eric, while the first part of your second but last post is a lame excuse for a stooopid question (admit it!), the second sounds as sad as believable. Well, me, I like an image to stay, that's what has been attracting me about photography in the first place. Film/video is for transition - and so maybe is the net...<p>Anyway, G4, if you want to contact me offline, please do so - I won't tell anybody. But you'd be hanging in good company. <p> 1. a.m. here again. I'm off.

<I>i want a few flat panels on my walls and a subscription service to an imaging bank that

replaces, via the internet, the image once in awhile within my confined tastes.</I><P>

Bingo! There's stuff happening as you speak...

www.citysnaps.net

モG4 would still be here if some stupid FWits hadn't sprung him publicly.ヤ

Come on Ewin grant is grant it was not that hard to figure out G4.

Back on topic

One of the week points in digital capture is current lens technology. Fine optics, such as those Leica pride themselves on producing, have some impact on the quality of digital capture output, but not to the same extent as with film. Lenses as we know them will eventually give way to bundles of fiber optics feeding each of the picture elements.

<I>So what happened to G4's posts? Why are they no longer here? Did some C.S. have him

yanked for some reason?</I><P>

Yes, one individual made it a point to repeatedly call attention to him. I guess he wasn't

getting enough attention lately with his self-portraits and all.

www.citysnaps.net

I smile as soon as digi Leica M discussions hit the forum because the tension levels rise dramatically as can be clearly seen in this thread! :)

Anyway, I for one will go digital when I decide that there are advantages for me to do so. No one pays me to take pics (probably never will) so I can please myself about what I use and why.

But if the Leica M is not full frame it won't tempt me; but, I hope it sells like hot cakes. Certainly a non-full frame digital M will be a boom for each of the M mount lens makers as customers rush to get wider angle lenses.

I'm with Al on the VC 15mm, not just good fun but capable of very high quality images. I just ran a roll of 1600asa in my marvellous Bessa L (God love that baby) and as Al says the Bessa L has its place. Gee, VC makes it possible for one to own a Bessa L for each wide angle one owns!

This thread included a comment about the $25 towards photo.net, which I personally feel happily obliged to contribute since the site's members' contributions have saved me many many multiples of that and added to my learning a great deal as well as provide me much entertainment.

i support the idea of a M digital back, a M digital body at its present forecast price tag will

never take off, and we know digital body does not hold any value. I will pin my hope on

cosina/zeiss/epson in rolling out an updated version of the RD-1 before the Leica MD

comes out.

looking at the M body development, it reaches its zenith at M3, it has been going down

slope ever since.