developed my first two films and it was fantastic what a buzz as i

opened the lid of the developing tank for the first time i thaught it

had all gone pete tong as i couldnt see much but carried on washing

then took it off the reel to hang up and hey presto they where all

there ,fantastic so i did another film striaght away ,i will be

trying to print one tonight when they have dried out thanks for

listening ,wayne

Wayne--

Congratulations! I can still remember that feeling--thousands of rolls later. I still can't wait--usually!--to get the film off the reels and have a look at what I got.

Now you're gonna want an enlarger--if you haven't already got one--and next you're going to want to play around with doing color...

Have fun--that's what it's all about!

thanks for your reply i have just got a durst m70 micro enlarger so will be having a go later today as i have just finished my darkroom its taken a while to piece together ,also how to work out my enlarger to dial in all the filter settings and paper grades but i finally have it sussed (i think ) will post results later

hello. i just recently started developing/printing my own stuff as well - and i absoltely love it. funny - i'd read so many posts about how you have so much more control and you can do so many different things - especially in the printing process. i always thought these claims were at least slightly exaggerated. but from my first prints - i was amazed. all of a sudden, my blacks are black, my whites are white, and my prints and no longer dull, flat and grey.

chris

ha ha i have just done my first print tonightand its just drying off so i did another two i just cant believe it its fantastic i want to do some more but i have got to get my gear ready for work as im going away for a few days which is not good as this is all i will be thinking about ,i cant believe that they all turned out good i was expecting a disaster i did have one mishap when i forgot to put the filter light to in on one and it went too dark but i realised what i had done and did another anyway just had to let you all know and thanks for the help i have had see you later ,wayne