w/nw Night Street

monkey

Very nice photographs! I see that someone has already guessed Egypt as the location. I am surprised that the policeman allowed you to take his picture. That old 35mm 'cron is one nice lens, isn't it? I bought one recently, even though I already have a 35mm ASPH Summicron. I too am a fan of the Fuji 800 pro/press films. When processed correctly, it yields truly nice nighttime photos.

Kal-Khalili (or Kan-el-Khalili, depending on how you transliterate Arabic) market in Cairo, Egypt. I've a photo of what I tend to believe is the very same butcher shop. If you don't mind, given that the Mars bar prize has been withdrawn I'll rather take that Luxus Leica with matching stereo attachment, thank you.

Bonsignore Ezio -- No fair using GPS to get so close -:)<p><p>

But since I was first to say Egypt (blurted it out, in fact) I think it would be fair, if we're both correct, for me to get one of Monkey's prints and for you to get the <a href=http://www.ozdoba.net/leica/schraub_hist_e.html>Luxus Leica</a>, because I am fumble-fingered and would no doubt smear part of my own Mars bar on it diminishing the value inexcusably.

I heard one number lower in rms and compatible channels for the frontier to make printing easier. i've never known fuji to just repackage a film either, unlike big yellow. the new npc and nps, now pro 160c and pro 160s, are also one number lower in rms, now 3, and on 120 format are really spectacular. can't wait to find out for myself.

These photos were taken on the streets of Dahar, North East Egypt. <p>So, I think the winner should be Michael S, as he mentioned Egypt first. Michael, I've replaced the Mars Bar with some cherry-menthol chewing gum, just in case you don't want a print. Let me know...

http://www.fujifilm.ca/CorporateInfo/DisplayNewsroomArticle.asp?ParentID=7&SectionID=85&SID=93&NewsroomID=127

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/prolabs/profile_issue016_s04.html

"Simultaneously with the release of Fujicolor Pro 160S and Pro 160C, Fujifilm's high-speed colour negative films will receive new names and package designs as part of a complete "Fujicolor Pro" line. The current NPH 400 will become Fujicolor Pro 400H, while NPZ 800 will be rebadged as Fujicolor Pro 800Z. All four products in this line are designed to combine the maximum benefits and quality of film with optimal suitability for digital technology."

Looks like its rebranded- the new RMS and print channel changes seem to apply to the slower films, not to NPZ (Pro 800).

It seems that Fuji is aligning its naming around the world- I think Japan has the new names and other countries are following suit (is the US to be last?)