Kodak technical pan film

I have some Kodak technical pan film to process but I don't see that film listed on the Massive

Developing Chart. Is it the same as Ektapan? Or what film is comparable?

I plan to use HC110, in case anyone has any experience with this combination.

Thank you.

The wide range is because some people want to use it as a full range slow speed film while others want to use it for document copying and other things where high contrast is desirable. Best bet is to run your own tests for exposure (ISO) and developing time.

I figured "test" would be the correct answer, but I had 1 roll of exposed film with no plans

to use it again. I made a (evidently wrong) mathematical figure and processed it for 8.5

min. I intended to ask in another thread; what does overdeveloped look like? I'm

assuming that's what I did. They're *very* dark negs. When I hold them over a light I can

see an image on a few of the frames.

Actually I have 1 more roll of the film and will give it back to my son-in-law who gave it to

me. It'sa prize film, in his opinion, so I'll let him have it and do it right.

Thanks.

I have got reasonably good results with Rodinal 1:100, 7.5 minutes, exposing at 25 ASA. It was 120 film but the emulsion is the same.

Tech Pan is a high contrast film with outstanding definition and low grain, a wonderful film. I regret Kodak does not make it anymore. Excellent for architectural photography!

I have two boxes of Technidol packets in my closet: Essentially it's a VERY LOW CONTRAST developer, to offset the VERY HIGH CONTRAST Tech Pan film.

Alternately, you can use a stock dilution of C41 developer for Tech Pan:

EI 32: 7.75 minutes @ 21C

EI 50: 10 minutes @ 20C

EI 100: 10 minutes @ 24C

• 3 weeks later...

Janet,

Try this: Rodinal 1+300 20C 14m 30s, about 5-10 turns in first 30 sec followed by 1 turn in 60-90 sec. Result is very very close to using Kodak Technidol. Excellent results.

Hasselblad 80/2.8 Planar Rodinal 1+300 (1.33ml+400ml)14'30"<div>00D6iW-25014384.jpg.4afc927db9dd9384f9f0997c2ae83130.jpg</div>

I have a tiny pipette that can measure 0.005ml. This is the fact, not fiction. I use a 10ml measuring cylinder to measure, then use the pipette to measure the rest to the reqruied amount.

The reason why I post the amount is, many people thought that there is a "mininimum required amount" for Rodinal. I use very small amount of Rodinal for all my processing with 100% success rate.

For example, for a 35mm rool, I use 3.2ml +236.8ml for 1+75 ratio. Also, my Rodinal is almost 2 years old. Hope this helps.

Thanks for coming back on that Steve. Wow... some people are going to have to redo their justify-my-digital-camera math with your chemical quantities! Let's see: 500ml of Rodinal = 5 Euros, so that's what... 150 rolls, or 3 cents a roll for developer. ;-)

Yes, there's more fun in B&W.

More info regarding Rodnial:

1) I use only Reverse Omosis water (Or you may use distilled water) for everything - presoak, developer, rinse, stop, fix, hypo, photo flo etc. Only the last step rinsing is with running water. Water may be the key of success.

2) I buy 500ml Rodinal. Then devide it into 100ml smaller bottles - use brown glass 100ml "soft drink" bottles. This is important. Rodinal gets oxidized easily, and there are deposites as well. Interesting thing is, even oxidized and with deposites, it still works for me. In fact, I worry about the deposites, which means some chemicals crystalized and possibly altering the composition of the solution. However, so far so good. Still works.

Here's another TP photo. TP-135, 1+300 Nikon 35/1.4<div>00D8eu-25057184.jpg.6053ddc908dd0d0bafc5c5cedd2f8dbf.jpg</div>

• 10 months later...