Photo.net Now Accepts Credit Cards / Subscription Drive

mottershead

Vivek, you probably have to log out and log back in so that you are recognized as a subscriber. The "icon" is put there by code that actually checks in the database to see if user_id such-and-such is a subscriber. Most subscriber priveleges work like this.

But the code that generates the ads just looks at the login-cookie. If you are still seeing the keywords, for example, then you have an old login-cookie that doesn't reflect your subscriber status. Logging out and signing back in will fix this.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the "guests should be hamstrung until they subscribe" sentiment I have to disagree. I normally loathe message boards and forums. If I hadn't been able to participate for, I'll be honest here, 3 months I would never have thought to pay money for the privilege. And by the way some of actually do need the money for that "two rolls of film and processing!" :)

Great news, I will renew mine(due in 2007) and also give a gift subscription to a photographer relative of mine in India !

Jerry,

I guess you are out of luck. I sent them a check first and never got a membership. the check went somewhere but Pn never cashec it ! I finally reluctantly used paypal and I was a member within 30 seconds !

Thanks again, Brian, for this !

Brian

I am so glad I looked at this post for a few reasons.

I have been a non paying member of photo.net since Jan/2001 and justified it to myself by

saying I help out in the forums ect. This site has provided me with thousands of dollars of

information and often better info than I was prepared to and did spend money on.

This info was most valuable as often it is real life info by working photographers with

varied experiances in most situations.

I guess today it really hit me why I would use this and at times when I was in a panic and

not support it even when over the period of years when no one ever said hey Pete glad to

help why don't you.

The short version is Thanks to all for your help, you have allowed me and helped me to

become the photographer I wanted to be when I joined the site and I appreciate it and

always hold it in the highest regard.

Take Care, Pete

Sixty subscriptions/renewals since we started this drive!

That is the good news. The slightly bad news is that about nine of them so far don't seem to have gotten their icon as quickly as they should have. I don't know why, but the notification did not come through from the payment processor, although I can see the payments in our account. The notification is what triggers the status update. I've already intervened on a couple of them to do the update in the database manually, and I will do the rest of them tomorrow, as well as apply the 50% extensions.

Thank-you, everybody, for your support of the site.