Old rating system better !!

www.babacool.nl

I mis the old way of rating photos. Someone would give you a rating.

Good or bad I was allways going to that persons portfolio and have a

look. That would give me extra meaning.

If someone with beautifull photos would give you a high score that

ment a big ego-boost we all need sometimes. If that same person was

not so generous you would take a more critical look at your own

photo and tried to learn what was wrong.

I know the old system had some downsides as well. If you can't take

critics you are now better of. Some discussions were very aggressive

and bad rating each other was often a result, but still there was

action.

I have a proposition;

We go back to the old system and as an addition you have to choose

if you want it to be anonymous. Looking at your ratings you will be

able to see two rating (maybe three). One anonymous, one not

anonymous (, and one average).

I think it will be more fun and photo.net will be more lively.

Arie

www.babacool.nl

Another day, another proposed change to fix the ratings system problems. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I have come to believe the only solution worth considering is primal scream therapy. Next time you get low balled give it a shot. Its not going to change a damn thing but it might make you feel better.

I've had more ratings since the change but I don't know if the difference is significant. And most of the direct ratings are from people who's photos are better than mine so I do feel the "ego boost" when they leave a good rating. Sure it's annoying when you get a 2/2 on a photo which you thought was good but if you're one of those who sell their images for a living you won't care about the number of people who don't like them, you'll care about the number of people who give them 7/7 because they're the ones who will buy them.

There are a lot of things you could change on the rating system. My choice would be to separate the ratings between amateur and profesionnal raters and see what difference it would make. Others would return to the old system. A lot of people will choose to stay with what we have now. The problem is, there's no way you could ever find a system that would please everybody. So let's concentrate on what really matters: improve our photography.

Andre

Some of you folks get me wrong. I don't care too much for high or low ratings. I like it to be personal. (Andre how do you know the people who rated you have better photos? I can't tell, only asume.)

I also found out that if you rate more photos, leave more comments, and are more active in forums you will get more ratings. That is a good thing but was already so in the old system.

Some folks who rate your photo, leave a comment stating the rating they gave you. I like that but it is normaly only for the good ratings. you see more 6/6 than 2/2.

It is like politics; There is always someone not happy. But in some countries there is an other saying; The majority rules. So speak up if you don't like it and want something changed. I do ;)

I am new hire, don't know the old rating system, but this new one does not work properly. My opinion is, who is rating 3 and lower should be forced to give an explenation to his/her choice. If english is a problem, do it in your own language, i find a translator , because i care for what i am doing and your opinion good or bed will always be helpfull to me.

Allowing 'anyone' to rate is a mistake. Many of the low ratings are by folks without any work

posted. Under the anonymous system you get a rash of folks that only rate nudes high, and

everything else low..very low!! It is a bit discouraging. Took this website down a notch. boo

hoo.<div>00DQC6-25464084.jpg.8a5748434d6cdc29f5280e14d36daaf5.jpg</div>