Ilford Delta100. I want to try it.

Agree with the ISO50 or 80 with this film, unless you have a compensating developer, maybe Xtol or Perceptol.

I think you can do no wrong by sticking with your Rodinal 1+50, Chris times above, or the D-76 (stock). With these two developers you can pull just about whatever you want out of this film.

Ilford Delta 100 is probably my favourite B&W medium speed film (also like fp4+).

Delta 100 works well with Ildord DD-X , ID 11 and Perceptol. You can get dev times (pdf) from Ilford's website.

You can also try this formula. (my darkroom teacher gave it to me a few years back.)

FORMULAE (for 500ml dev tank / 35mm film)

Xtol = 100 ml

H2O = 400ml

Rodinal Concentrate = 4 to 5 ml.

Develope Delta 100 for 10.5 - 11 minutes at 24 deg celsius.

You can try lower temperatures (22 deg/ 12-13 min) but I'm more comfortable with the times for 24 deg.

Results (personal opinion) = not as grainy as Rodinal and not as 'flat' as Xtol. Great detail in shadows.

If you do try it, e-mail me and let me know how your final prints turned out.

Cheers!

Delta 100 is Ilfords version of T-Max 100. This stuff has in my eyes the finest grain of any 100ISO film. Ilford D-11 is again, Ilfords version of Kodak D-76. The development times for both are identical in all situations.

This stuff is great, a bit expensive, but good. I shoot it in 8x10. The combo of shooting 8x10 and using this film is incredible.