Hi to all does any one else have the same problem printing with the epson r3400

the prined images tend to come out with to much contrast i have tried using both

windows and epsons own software to print. The original images are ok.Thanks for

any help

This is the same question you posted below. Have some patience.

AFAIK Epson does not make an R3400. Do you have a R2400 or an R340 ? If your monitor is not calibrated then you have no way objective way of knowing what the original image looks like.

You could try Adobe Gamma or Mac OS X Diplay Calibrator as a quick and dirty calibration. This might bring the screen image closer to the print. I am surprised you are seeing more contrast. The screen can defiitely show more contrast than the paper can represent. This is why proof colors always gives you an image that initially looks flat. My early Epson R2400 prints had a tendency to block up in the shadows and maybe that is what you are seeing as "too much contrast".

David, I have an Epson R2400 and when I first started printing my prints came out looking very 'Pastel like', not because of too much saturation or contrast, but too little ! Now when I print I add a little more saturation and contrast to get a decent looking print. Maybe you might try going the other way.. By the way I didnt need any profile or did I need to calibrate the printer. It was pretty much plug & play. Maybe you shoulld check if you have the cartridges installed correctly or try calling Epson(before the Warranty runs out) they might be better able to hel you.