where are member's hasselblad photos

knox . .

I realize this forum is primarily for tech etc. but it's very troubling to see Hasselblad

posters who talk Hasselblad all day here, then you go to their photo.net site or do

searches on them across the web to find they are shooting digital or taking poor photos or

have no photos at all to see. I sincerely mean no harm in this, but it's very disheartening

for those of us that are sick of digital and are seeking info from those who back it up with

images. I for one HAD to shoot digital for various reasons but have since (GLADLY) gone

back to MF and 35. My Rollei was stolen years. I got a Hasselblad somewhat recently, and

am trying to get a handle on it. Are there those who just post / talk about them? Where are

those knockout photographers who are able to talk it as well use them? Is it that

converting to jpg is such a bummer from prints that converting them is too much a let

down that you don't do it? THAT I can relate to. Then why all the digital images of those

who post here? Again . . I am asking sincerely not bashing anyone. I'm sure many of us

would love to see some great images / photographer's sites that are shooting Hasselblad

film boxes AND being helpful to us that are stepping back in to MF here. It's tough to take

too much advice from those that don't back it up with the great shots. Of course there are

those that do.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Knox

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure some of us dont bother with the "hassel" of a photo.net gallery.

I use flickr lots more peoele viewing your photos and lots easier for family and friends to use.

They dont have to sign up for accounts and that stuff.

www.flickr.com/photos/aaronlind

You might want to check out the hasselblad group on flickr, lots of good photographers

there.

Funny you should bring this up.

I was just commenting to my wife that I should break down and buy a scanner. I have boxes and boxes of negs and slides all medium format. None are scanned.

I've been working in computers for over 20 years. I really enjoy the low-tech wet side of photography. The downside is not being able to share those photos online. I suppose it's time.

Michael . .thanks for the link on Chris. That's the kind of site I was looking for.

Interesting how the primary ones who always have the so called 'answers' here are not

putting links up to their work. Possibly they have not seen this thread.<div>00GFTP-29715684.jpg.f413f8fa4b529eb665084005630f7408.jpg</div>