W/NW the nightlife

yeffe

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some really fantastic photographs here. I mean superb stuff. Am quite fascinated with James Kim's work. The imagry is quite starling, and brilliant. But there are other imagages here that are quite brilliant too. Wish I could join in. Do have night life photos. But busy finishing a book. Or I should say busy letting a book finish me.

WTF? The demented guy started going after me since practically the day I joined, to the point where he even goes to No Words forum where I post pics and make <a href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/nw-fetch-msg?msg_id=00GEFg">stupid</a> comments.

<br><br>

Never do I take anything said by him (and a few others here) seriously, but when I exercise my right to yank his chain, the least I expect some of you to do is keep it shut unless you're willing to point out his inane remarks to him here and call him on it. Capeesh?

Mr Kim: You the man!

This guy is taking chances, technically and artistically. To me it's obvious he's working

from a whole-body or gut level. More how it feels than how it looks. If one harvests more

failures with this working method, the rare successes are that much more interesting. And

the failures point the way to self-correction.

Seems like you understand, Rene. It was started on S/D forum that I started visiting soon after I joined. First attackers were Ray, Kei, and James K. When I started giving some of them doses of their own medicine, things got ugly, and some of the threads got deleted (hence, can't reference them). Fact is, I take none of these people seriously. But this joker keeps at it. To his credit, I'll say that the guy shoots (and not just with his camera).

"If one harvests more failures with this working method, the rare successes are that much more interesting."

Does the expression "even a dead clock is right twice a day" have any bearing here? I wonder.

Nels has a point regarding that particular remark. No question Nels is a fine, disciplined artist capable of producing excellent images, as we see here.

Dang, great stuff just keeps coming up on this thread. Have to search for some nightlife shots.