Vignetting with Hasselblad 50mm Dis. and 80mm C T* -UPDATE-

rudymerz

Hi,<p>

I did another test with with my 500CM. This time with MLU (Mirror Lock-Up). But this

contact sheet looks even stranger. Here is the <a href="http://www.avianart.com/

photographes/etc/50-80-test-02.jpg">link.</a> As before, no filters, no shades. I have

no idea what that is. I still believe it is the body, because I have similar problems with the

50, 80 and 150mm lenses. The 50 Distagon never had a CLA. The 80 and 150 was bought

CLA'd 6 month ago. Any ideas?<p>

Thanks, I appreciate this.<p>

Rudy

John, the rear curtain is actually up in MLU. I checked it without a back. It is all the way up.

And I, in particular, pay attention to the release button. I press it all the way through and

even wait a second or two after that.

Rudy,

Are the 3 lenses C or CF lenses? Has the body ever been through a CLA to adjust the

curtain to your lenses?

I would have someone like David Odess or Hasselblad USA take a look at all of your

equipment in one sitting.

Sorry Icouldn't be of further help to your problem..

Evan

Evan,<p>

The 50mm Distagon is a silver C and the 80mm Planar is a black C T*. The 50 did not have

a CLA and the 80mm was bought 6 month ago from David Odess. The body did not have a

CLA. But since I used MLU, where the curtain is up, I have no idea where the body is

further involved. I actually have two problems. First the vignetting, which is more

pronounced with the wider lens. Second the different exposures, which could be normal

with the leaf shutter lenses. I don't know how precise those shutters in those lenses are.

My other cameras are Nikons, which do not have this 'problem'. <p>

Thanks.<p>

Rudy

I wonder if it could be the body keeping the shutter from opening all the way or something. With MLU, have you tried looking through the back of the camera (with the back off) at a slow shutter speed? I agree there's a CLA in your future, but it would be good to narrow down which component it will be. Also, I don't buy into vignetting as a natural issue with these shutters. I've used them too many years without anything like light fall off. I just had my 80mm CLAd for $125 and it helped eliminate variations I was experiencing in shutter speeds.

Ruediger, is your camera stopping down properly? It's the only thing I can think of that would create that wierd halo effect. If it's the same with all three lenses, and there's no oil on the aperture blades, then your camera body might need a good CLA.

Hi,<p>

Today I received a 503CW with a

50mm CF lens. I thought this will show where the problem is. Actually it does a bit and

does not. Click <a href="http://www.avianart.com/photographes/etc/

503cw-500cm-50mm.jpg">here</a> to see another contact sheet which I made today.

The first 6 frames, counting from the lower left up, are from the 503CW with the 50mm CF

attached. The last 6 frames are from the 500CM with the 50mm CF attached. What I see is

that with the 500CM the spot is much more pronounced. But, I still have a spot, wide

open, with the 503CW and the 50mm CF. It seams to me that it is normal that the 50mm

Distagon has a spot when you take images wide open. Now this is a wall and usually I

don't take pictures from walls. And usually I don't take pictures wide open. The reason

why I found this is that I am calibrating my equipment for the Zones-System. Not to test

lenses. For me is clear that my 500CM needs a CLA. Your input is appreciated.

<p>

Rudy