Using developer after Mixing "any harm??"

What kind of developer? What do the instructions say?

<p>

With Rodinal, you <em>must</em> use it very shortly after mixing it. The developer doesn't last long at all after it's been diluted to working strength. Maybe I'm overcautious, but mine is always in the developing tank and working on the film within a minute of mixing it. I've seen postings by people who tried to dilute a large batch and use some of it the next day, with very poor results. So I assume you're not talking about Rodinal.

<p>

Other developers may require some significant time to assure that everything is thoroughly dissolved, so a waiting time might be called for. Developers vary, so there's no "one size fits all" response. Follow the instructions for your developer.

Not sure what you mean. If you are mixing up some powdered developer, you'll probably want to let the stock solution sit for about 24 hours before you use it. There is some conventional wisdom going around that D-76's activity increases shortly after mixing, then trails off to a stable state after the first 24 hours. In any case, I always mix up my stock solutions at least a day before I know I'll need the stuff. Any undissolved bits will go into solution overnight most of the time. If you are talking about mixing a working solution from a liquid concentrate or stock solution, then you should use that as quickly as possible. Dilute developers do not keep very well

Been developing Tri-X in D-76 (along with other combinations) for 30 years and never heard of any need to wait in and of itself. But, given that D-76 gets mixed at 125 degrees F, I usually do mix it a day ahead of time if I have the time. You could theoretically get freshly mixed developer down to working temperature quickly by mixing with very cold water but that raises the issue of any solids not quite dissolved precipitating.

Thanks for all your comments ,,what I meant is XTOL"powder & ID11"Ilford "powder,and as the instruction said 'Mixed it with room temperature water & make sure its comoletely dissolved, But it doesn't mention HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT BEFORE DEVELOPING MY FILMS ?.REGARDS