Hi, I've been looking on e-bay for an M42 tamron mount in order to attach a

few of my Tamron lenses to a Pentax DL (the Adaptall 2 KA mounts are just too

expensive at the moment)and I've spotted a Mamiya tamron mount. I know that

Mamiya used M42 on some models but is it likely Tamron would have marked it

Mamiya rather than Pentax U or somethging similar? I know I could contact the

seller to confirm what fit it is but I'm hopeing I can get it cheap if no-one

else realises it's M42 and they may post my question in the listing.Anyone

know if Tamron made a M42 mount marked Mamiya? Thanks, Dave

Yes, Tamron made an Adaptall mount for Mamiya SX screw cameras. This fitting was M42 with an extra coupling for full aperture metering. Be careful, though, as the extra pin protrudes from the rear of the mount, and this might prevent it screwing in fully on other cameras (or extra M42-PK adapters, presumably, for your DL).

Also, there was a Tamron Adaptall mount for Mamiya Z (bayonet) cameras, which obviously won't be of any use to you!

the only "interchagable mount" lenses for K mount are the Vivitar TX. and the TX adaptor, whic may be used for some T4 lenses is fairly rare.

the ys system never had a K mount adapter.

the point of this is that there are so many inexpensive and usable lenses out there that searching for a rare item is not worth the effort.

I got a k mount zoom tele on the 'bay from adorama for under $20.00.

it even had an A setting and electrical contacts which i don't need or use.

I got one that was listed for a Fujica ST; it's a standard M42. However you have to look carefully because there is also a bayonet Fujica-AX mount.

Here's one that's M42, even though the item title says bayonet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TAMRON-adaptall-2-mount-FUJICA-ST-bayonet-NEW-in-box_W0QQitemZ120033053517QQihZ002QQcategoryZ79000QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for all your help. I think I'll give it a go as long as I can get it cheap enough.Worst comes to worst I can always try and sell it again. The picture in the listing is very poor but the rear cap attached looks like M42 and it looks to me like it says Practika. Heres the pic.<div>00I8r9-32529584.jpg.0cf59b7f7586ef3cbcf6bd4be118e115.jpg</div>

Hi, Daveish. The best Adaptall-2 for M42 is the PU (Pentax Universal) that i have acquired recently, with another adapter for Canon FD and a very mint SP 70-210 mm f/ 3,5 for use with Bessaflex TM, Spotmatic SL and some Canon FD cameras.

However, buy the Adaptall-2 for KA, because with Adaptall-2 for M42, you can use only the manual exposure mode without problem. Using the Av priority is a risk.

Ciao.

Vincenzo Maielli

Hi, I've now bought the Mamiya adapter at a low cost so I'll see what happens when it arrives. I will be getting a KA mount when I can afford it but the Mamiya mount will hopefully work until I can.I've currently been using a Mamiya/Sekor 50mm f2, Carl Zeiss DDR 35mm 2.4 (M42 mount attached with M42 to K adapter)and a K mount Ricoh 50mm f2 (you get stopped-down AE with the M42 lenses and manual with the K mount) The Tamron lenses I'm trying to attach are SP 70-210. f3.5, 200mm f3.5, 105mm f2.5 plus a 1.5X and SP 2X.so It will be interesting to see how these do especially with the added crop factor. Thanks