Color negative film in B&W chemistry

Has anyone in this forum ever tried developing color negative film

(Ferraniacolor 200) in conventional B&W chemistry?

I've acquired a working Instamatic 500 camera (and have a working Instamatic 814

on the way) and plan to run some rolls of Ferraniacolor 200 through them. I'm

not sure what ISO rating and developer would be best for this film, but I've

heard that it can be quite sharp when handled properly.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

TH

There are two problems with B&W processing of color neg films. There are usually two layers that have metallic silver. The anti-halation undercoat has gray silver and the yellow filter layers often has Carey Lea silver. In a color negative process, all silver is removed. In a B&W process it stays. This will not make the negatives upprintable, but it will make them rather dense.

Why don't you try to use B+W Developer and the bleach as usual and fix with b+w fixer or any combinason of color vs bw chem, that can helps clear this high density base that will make your neg really crappy to print... Use Slides.. I just did that few min. ago. rate your iso 3 stops higher than the film iso, (under-ex 3 stop)when shooting, process in any regular strenght (like HC-110 dil.B) about 24 Celcius for 17 Min and c41 Fix (room temp 6 min)then wash and after Bleach (room temp 6 min)and Wash and you will have a b+w neg out of a color slide film but your neg will be grey (w/ provia 400 for ememple)and you can try it like this to print but the process is Half way in real... You have to process it in the whole Standard C-41 process and the results will be absolutly crazy!!! :)