Ilford product availability news.

It's very unfortuante that they are discontinuing some useful sizes and film types, especially for the ULF folks-- I was hoping at least something from Ilford would be retained in stock for the 7x17, 8x20 and 12x20 sizes! Both FP-4+ and HP-5+ are excellent films for large format and ULF, plus it's sad to see Delta 400 discontinued in sheets (I have but one box of 5x7 left!). And while the Delta 100 is wonderfully available in 5x7 sheets, the overall selection is still rather limited.

I will hope that popular demand will eventually bring back these other options.

Sorry Guy! R.Hofland, the largest format that I own is a subminiture Mamiya RZ 67 Pro II, I can not compete with those sort of formats, I bet the quality is simply stunning. Maybe Ilford will make them to a special order provided that you buy enough of the film stock that you require.

Maybe I will dip my toe into LF one day and buy a second hand 4X5, tell me more about ULF.

Delta 400 was discontinued years ago, when the new version of D400 was released. When it was available, it sold perhaps 1 box for every 20 or more of HP5+, so there was never a new emulsion developed for sheet sizes. A shame, because the new version of D400 was far superior to the old, and probably would have done well.

David Carper