Should digital users try film, and... vice versa?

ray .

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al:

I just remembered... Brad doesn't post here because our photography is so "dreadful" that he doesn't want his pictures seen next to ours. He's said so.

Nvertheless, that doesn't stop Brad from coming here, like in this thread, and posting shots so he can show us how the real shooters do it. That's called SLUMMING. Got it? ;>)

Dennis

<i>"Eric, I can't win.. I posted stuff (above) that I think is crap... and some people think it's GOOD! Go figure..." ;></i><p>

Maybe it would be interesting to post (say) the 9.40 PM image and (for example) the "human curiosity" image on the photo.net "critique" forum. That way we would get opinions from a reasonable cross section of photo.net people. <p>But I suppose at the end of the day I suppose it is all about personal vision etc.

what we need is a shootout between these 2 fine photographers. I wanna see how each of their visions is translated into great final results, either through sheer post processing or sheer good eyes pre-post-processing.

I proposed each do a series of pix around a central theme. Both can use either film or digital(wtfc?), b/w or colour(wtfc?) but most importantly, any camera of their choice.

if nothing else, we could get to see some nice pix from both of them.

I propose the theme "Man and Woman"..

c'mon chicken, post a photo or two or three of yours that pleases you and back's up your standards of what you call photography. We've seen and heard enough of what you call 'not' photography.

Travis, Dennis won't participate. He won't even have a gentlemanly beer and a handshake with Brad when someone's in his neighbourhood.

Now, Eric, fans must refrain from throwing plastic cups, half-eaten pizza slices, or other projectiles of any sort onto the playing field.

-:)

Incidentally, my sense of the non-meeting in New Orleans was far more "no fault" than "no dice." But no matter.

Sure hope these rivalries don't "go rapper" on us. These guys and their posses will end up on "A Current Affair."

But on the other hand if they have a shoot-out, or more accurately a "post out," we'd have our own sort of "Eight Mile," which come to think of it was a lot like "Saturday Night Fever" but with more swear words.

Mr. Kaplan,

<p>

A rather amusing series of photographs though barely what I would deem creative by any means. Your pictures remind me of the old college days and the 3 day long fraternity soiree's where we would shoot pictures of ourselves in a drunken state at arms length with simple disposable cameras.

<p>

Thanks for the memories and laughs,<br>

Bill

Well...

Strangely, Dennis QUIT the forum (he actually deleted his account from photonet) not long

after he begrudgingly agreed, with a ton of member prodding, to meet me - but still

wouldn't go out and shoot photos with me. It wasn't pretty. Why wouldn't he shoot with

me? Heck, anyone coming through SF I go out of my way, take time off from work to meet

them and shoot for a few hours - I've done that a couple times.

I'm guessing that if he actually met me, he'd find it difficult to hurl insults at me

afterwards - which now gives him so much joy in life.

www.citysnaps.net

I'm still planning in June; been building a GTI up on my last six weekends for fast road trips at resonable gas milage. Does 90 mph at 4 grand on the tach now, lowered via H&R with 17" BBS on Yoki's. But really depends on this show that i'm working on and the one that might roll into the next...

thought you'd be up here by now anyway?

Are photos on this forum dreadful? Take a look at the photo of

the week thread right now (not your pic Dennis) or Al's

self--portrait thread a few days ago. If you don't want to call them

dreadful, these photos are certainly not as advanced or

sophisticated as they once were here, and seem to show little

hint of future promise or potential. We all show bad work at

times, but it's getting to be the norm for Leica forum lately.

Eric, let me know when you have more info about June and I'll plan to hook up with you. I

was hoping to get a company trip up to Vancouver, but that didn't work out. Maybe I'll do

it later on on my own nickel...

Ray: Uh-oh...

www.citysnaps.net