How long does Protectan extend developer usability?

nico_.

I have half a bottle DDX here that has been standing around for about

half a year since I last used it. The bottle was opened roughly 10

months ago and I always used Protectan. Can I expect the developer to

be still fine or would it be better to get a new bottle? Thanks in

advance for your opinions, Nico

I would follow the developer maker's recommendations for storage. For example, if the manufacturer states that a particular liquid concentrate has a shelf life of 12 months after opening but stored in a bottle with as little air space as possible - whether due to squeezing out the excess air or transferring the concentrate to multiple smaller containers - then I'd assume that Protectan would offer a similar lifespan for an open container of concentrate in which Protectan is used in lieu of the other methods.

I don't know about DDX but Ilford specifies the expected shelf/storage life under various conditions for other of their products I've used. If the information is not on the label you should be able to find it on their website.

"Never mind: The answer is here" by Dan Schwartz takes you to about:blank webpage, a place you don't want or need to go. about:blank "hi-jacks" your webpage and embeds itself into your registries. Tools or spyware can't remove it. You need to to remove it manually which is a pain and hope you get it all. What I have done is do a total reboot "write zeros" and then added all my software. I didn't bother to save any information because I don't know where about:blank may be embedded. Do a google search and you see many people aren't too happy if you use internet explore. Visit http://www.cnet.com do a search on "about:blank" for more information.

I feel you needed to be aware aboout "about:blank" and what it does.

Not a very nice joke.