Difference in value of Black vs Silver M6 TTL

durr3

If you're looking at it from an investment standpoint there's no way to predict values in 25 or 50 years. Who ever would have guessed that 50+ year old Japanese made Nicca bodies would be worth more today than the pre-war Leicas they were copied from? Buy an M6 TTL, use it, make great pictures with it, and stop trying to predict the future.
  • Like 1

Al, I have had a Black M6ttl for a year or so and love it. But when I bought it I really wanted the chrome and I guess I still do. I was not looking so much for the investment advise. More to the trading advise. Looks like an even swap to me. Thanks for all the advise.

I shoot mostly with my 35 cron and the 50 lux. I cannot get the focus thing down on my 90 elmarit. Practice, I know.

Paul, I could be wrong but I don't think the M6 silver cameras are any heavier than the black ones. The silver, titanium, and black paint lenses are definitely heavier. But I thought the cameras were the same weight. Does anyone have any definitive information on this, because I'm not really sure?

Durr, always have your lens, 90 or otherwise, set closer to infinity than what you think your subject is. That way you always know which way to turn it. Don't fiddle back and forth! When the images align SHOOT! Unles you're shooting really large apertures at short distance you can still be off a bit and depth of field will cover you.

• 17 years later...

Never took to the M6. When I came out I needed all the help I needed from a viewfinder because of eye problem. The M6 vf not up to M3 or M4 standards. Folks who worked at Leica at the time told me there were also shortcuts taken inside camera. No longer have eye problems, but still no M6.

Never had a problem focusing a 90mm lens on an M3 or M4. Not the 135mm. By the way, Leitz was one of the pioneers in the development of auto focusing. I remember several articles on auto focusing in Leica magazine. Research probably ended when Leitz suffered from financial difficulties.