what Elves means?

marcogiardini

We use the term 'Elves' to refer to a group of photo.net members who are responsible for selecting the Photograph of the Week. They are regular members, who've been selected at some point during the past several years. They are anonymous to avoid flames and/or bribes.

Oh thanks Mary. I think I've read it once but thank you to recall me.<br>

I was thiking about something like a guideline which could explain all the subtilty of PN. Sure almost all is explained somewhere, either on such page you just recalled me or in some forum threads, but grouping all under the same *thumb index* could be easier for users.

You wrote: "They are anonymous to avoid flames and/or bribes."

Here's an idea: let them take bribes at least, so they'll perhaps have a stronger motivation to look for more novel or unexpected works...:-)

Joe, I can understand your confusion, but just to clarify: The bearded creature in the photo is a gnome, not an elf. Gnomes are not known for their expertise in photography, though they enjoy posing for pictures.

It's important to distinguish elves from gnomes and their other spirit-world cousins, such as fairies, pixies, sprites, gremlins, and of course trolls. Only elves and trolls are known to have a strong interest in photography, and unfortunately the trolls vastly outnumber the elves.