Guess? Which Leica Lens?

syuyi honda, Thats not taken with a Leica lens the quality is way too inferior. From the Su****** hint you give, any serious Leica devote can plainly deduce that the lens used is indeed the very poor quality japanese leica clone the Sucimoto f2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got back home from work. Thank you everybody for overwhelming

response. I'm sorry for making some people very angry, upset and

disgusted. Les Lammers and Trevor Hare got it right. Those are

taken with Sumarrit 40mm f/2.4 at f/2.4 on Provia 100. I just got

the scanner yesterday. Those are scanned by Nikon Coolscan V ED,

"saved for web" on Photoshop, but no color/contrast correction or

filtering. This is my first Leica camera and I think it's well worth

the $899 price. Trevor's photos shows true potential of this camera.

I thought Andy's photo was taken by digital camera because I thought

the image is a little bit flat although it's a very nice shot. I

think Leica lenses have great clarity and contrast, photos look more

dynammic and real than other lenses. That's my opinion.

To Rob F.,

I agree with your original response totally.

"As much as we fuss about the virtues of our lenses, ad the

differences among their signatures, it seems paradoxical that some

folks get upset when asked to recognize any of them. It seems like a

good exercise in sharpening our knowledge and observation skills."

Syuja, enjoy your camera and scanner.

I agree, Trevor's cathedral shot is about as sharp and detailed as anything I have seen on the web from 35mm. Must be a very good lens, but the image has also obviously been nicely processed in camera, chemically and in computer too. Cheers, A

the more tests i'll take the more times i'll fail - i'm pretty sure about it. these two picture were pretty easy to guess, but i'm not an "eagle eye cherry" ;]

as i said i can almost always see it the picture was shot by RF or SLR as well as 3Mb digicanons vs film leicas images have quite clear difference. all of this in my personal case mainly applies to people shots as long as i shoot people on the streets and got used to see the difference. if i have seen no difference i'd shoot with my old EOS 20D+50/1.4USM now but as long as i tried RF cameras, even Fed-3+Industar61, and then M3+cron'50, my 20D just collected the dust in the corner. a week ago i took 20D and gave it a try on the streets again. just after a break, to be objective. and again pictures have nothing in common with RF for my eye. so i just sold 20D and will continue with M3 only.

i do not insist on my opinion applying to everyone, but for me the difference is quite clear, Gentlemen. it's hard to describe, but the pictures are just different. and remember - when i say "different" it doesn't mean "better". 99.9% is no 100% of good picture is always the shooter, not camera. if you have a talent you can shoot with buit-it phone camera. if you can't shoot good pictures - no leica or hasselblad would save you. as we all here no doubt know.

-o(OOO)o-

It really is striking how well the high quality glass in Leica lens elements can resolve the very finest detail in resolution.

Both this quality of equipment and the aesthetic skills of a true artist are required to capture the fundamental essence that lies within the subject.

Very very few people could ever hope to portray the rubbish or trash in this special way.

All the best with your photography journey ;)

-o(OOO)o-