Was I sold the correct mailer for Kodachrome Processing?

Hello,

This afternoon I purchased my first roll of Kodachrome in many years. At the

sale, I asked if I could purchase a mailer for the Kodachrome film.

I was sold: Kodak Slides By Mail Valid through 2/28/07

Kodak Slide Processing

PO Box 3022

Beltsville, MD 20704

Good for one roll of Kodachrome or Ektachrome.

I thought that the inside envelope would be addressed to Dwayne's.

Question: Has anybody had recent luck with the Beltsville address processing

Kodachrome?

Thanks

I've been sending mailers to the Maryland address ever since Fair Lawn closed (about 2

years ago). The Maryland lab has dutifully forwarded Kodachrome to Dwayne's.

Only in the last month or so has Kodak started telling people to send Kodachrome directly

to Dwayne's in Kansas. So an off-the-shelf mailer doesn't have the up-to-date address.

So, you could send it to Maryland and let them tranship, or start using the Dwayne's

address directly. Whichever way it gets there, I can't imagine that Dwayne's would fail to

honor the mailer.

Don't forget Sams club or Walmart process it inexpensively and you don't have to pay postage to Dwayne's. Either way it goes thru the same machines at Dwayne's. I use up any mailers though, just don't buy anymore.

Sams' club mounted slides come (came) back in plain cardboard mounts without any Kodachrome label. (No doubt because as Fuji is their agent doesn't want Koda anything printed on a product they handle.)

Fair Lawn used to say "Processed by Kodak" and then when they didn't process it themselves anymore just "Kodachrome" on the mount.

Is Dwayne's currently printing anything on the mounts? Do they now use plastic mounts for both Sams, Walmart, and Kodak mailers? I don't know because all Kodachrome I've had processed in the last two years has been ordered unmounted through Sams. I understand that in the last couple months Kodachrome processing, which used to take about 9 days via Sams, is now much faster. (It used to go to Arizona where Fuji sorted out the Kodachrome, then it would go to Dwayne's. That delay is gone as I undrestand Fuji closed their Southwest facility and all photos, prints, E6 and K-14 goes directly to Dwayne's.) Dwayne's hired 7 more people for just the Kodachrome when they added all Fair Lawn mailers.

Yaa just like the roll of KodachromeI sent through Wal-Mart even with special instrustions I put on it.. went through E-6 processing....

They offered me a free roll of Ektachrome 100 to replace it. because they do not sell Kodachrome.

Be carefull with Wally Worlds... I don't have alot aginst them except for my mistake of sending this one through them...

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

A Message From Dwayne's Photo in Kansas:

Kodachrome Mailers can be sent to this address for faster service.

Kodak Mailer Processing

PO Box 1171

Parsons, KS 67357

This will be sent directly to Dwayne's Photo. If you send the mailer to the Beltsville address, it will be forwarded to Dwayne's. But it will be delayed through the Postal Services.